Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
Thought i would rehash this thread. I was wanting to see if anyone had any data on the VRSF fmic. I am an intercooler short of FBO and in need of one. I originally waited on VRSF to release their (Race) intercooler and CP's but think its overkill for my needs. Im on Map5 with 3-4gal E85 to 93oct wanting to know how much performance difference is between say Wagner EVO II and VRSF or ER at FBO. there is a pretty descent price difference between the VRSF and the competition. I am not trying to look down on VRSF for great pricing but I also dont want to spend less and cut myself out of performance and in the same respect dont want to spend $400 more for no good reason. Can someone in the know tell me which FMIC would be better geared to FBO applications..?

Been in the 90s here in SoCal for about the last month. Have had no IAT issues during daily driving with multiple pulls.

For the street the VRSF is perfect in my opinion. I even planned on using it for track days, but since they are releasing another IC I figured I should upgrade. My standard VRSF will be up for sale as soon as I get their upgrade. They should send me a production model to test and log the IATs

My buddy with a M2 and I did multiple back-to-back pulls the other night. He's FBO w/JB4 but stock IC. I'm FBO w/jb4 with VRSF IC.

At the end of numerous back to back pulls he saw his IATs peak at 160* which caused some timing issues. I was at ~125* and timing was great.

FWIW we were dead even. Just depends on what gear/mph the cars are in. He's 7spd DCT. I'm 8AT.
Thnx great info... where has you car been settling in normally as opposed to ambient..? Here in ohio its been upper 80's to 90's with high humidity and heat soak + IAT's have been bad even under normal driving with a little pull here or there sits at 120+
Appreciate 0