05-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life24 View Post
I recently had my one year maintenance done at my local dealer. After I took the car home, turned the car back on, and the computer still showed I needed to complete my maintenance. I took the car back to them and the guy reset the system himself by holding a button by the dashboard.

Is it possible the dealer forgot to reset this? Or, is the system smart enough to see that it has been already completed (such as having new oil)?

I'm just hoping they didn't screw me by not changing the oil on the car (only have 5,000 miles).

Thanks in advance, guys!
This happened to me at my first scheduled service interval, which happened far earlier than normal because of my, errr, big-city-boy driving habits (second scheduled service should hit right at about 13k). It sounds like your situation is similar regarding low miles, but your service interval trigger was time: a year. Mine was not: it was mileage (I was just short of 7 months).

I took the car back to the dealer the next morning and watched the same thing you did. However, I'd brought my car in primarily for an unrelated item, so the reset was simply overlooked. OP: Did you have any unusual circumstances regarding your visit? Was it just for the scheduled maintenance?

For reference: The system cannot sense that an oil change has been performed, and thanks to the lack of a dipstick there's absolutely no way for you to independently verify that the oil is fresh. Look for signs that work was done around the oil-fill cap and the drain plug door under the car.
Appreciate 1