04-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #9
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden View Post
Thanks for the response. If planning to replace both front and back speakers, are there speakers to consider other than Bavsound, which will hopefully ship and be reviewed over next couple of weeks ? A thread mentions Focal, but the person recommending them was noted to also be selling them in the classified section.
Check other threads. Honestly, there are better options out there than the Bavsound for less money. All the Bavsound kit does is make the installation drop-in regarding the driver units themselves, and those coaxial units may be designed to work well with the OEM DSP of the amp (I'm skeptical of this, personally. I'd really like to know who is manufacturing the coaxial units for Bavsound). You still have to splice wires, still have to take off the front door panels, etc., just as you would need to for any replacements.
Appreciate 0