01-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #14
Liquidpaper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
After doing this for a while, there are really only a few mods that I would really consider (if I could do it all over again):

1. LSD. I got a custom clutch type with a 3.46 rear end. The BMW MP LSD is fine though (and cheaper). Get that one.

2. Camber plates and/or M3 LCAs. Car is McPherson in the front, so you need a lot of static camber to get rid of tire munching and understeer. I run 2.50 in the front, but you could go for more. I think rwalker is running at 3+.

3. Stickier rubber/wider rubber. If you get camber plates, you can run 255/35 section square on your car. Helps a lot. Also, that size is much easier to find from more manufacturers.

4. If you REALLY want to do a suspension mod, maybe do sway bars. The bars aren't expensive, but oh my god the labor is. You need to drop your front and rear subframes to install. Great upgrade, but huge pain in the ass.

5. Brakes. The stock hardware is just fine, but you should do pads, lines, and fluid. I'm on EBC Yellowstuffs, stainless lines, and ATE 200 fluid. Makes a big difference

I would not do the springs unless you are going to go for coilovers or a spring/shock combo. Usually does more harm than good unless you do both at the same time.