United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
I just put in an order for an M235 yesterday and my order sheet has the following code: "3DZ Without Lines designation outside."

Haven't seen what the order forms for the earlier models, but this might be the indicator that there are no M badges. (Or, as someone said above, may just be an indicator that it doesn't have the "Luxury," etc. badge.)
3DZ is indeed the option code for deleting the front-panel M badges. If you decode the VINs from US-spec 2014 m235i, you'll see that the code does not appear. 3DZ shows up in US-spec '15s & '16s.

It'd be interesting to know if BMWNA would let someone delete 3DZ and order a car with the badges. Not impossible, of course, but my guess is that such a request would be met with resistance. Last year, I asked about doing a code 326 ("rear spoiler delete")... a factory code that exists for the model and appears in the ordering guides for multiple countries. I got a firm "NO" as an answer.
Thanks Mike. Couldn't get this kind of info outside this board :-) especially not from the dealer ........
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0