View Single Post
      12-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #55
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

I have the Ambient Thermal Management FMIC and it fits great. I didn't have to take any structure out to fit it in. Getting it in with the ER charge pipes is a bit more difficult than with the stock flexible plastic/rubber ones, but I managed to get it all in with a bit of maneuvering and a tiny wipe of silicone grease.

Also I installed the GFB DV+ kit which helped with the lag issue you also had with a larger FMIC.

The larger heat exchange area of the Bigger FMIC gives more charge cooling and better intake temps, and resists heat soak at higher boost, but with the older DV it did add a bit more lag. With the DV+ in fast acting setup it helps keep more air in the FMIC when the DV opens. It also closes faster, so it's ready earlier for the next boost build. So it goes a long way to bring the lag back down.

I also originally got the ER Catless DP, but it was too loud for me and also parking in my building garage the exhaust smell was a bit too much. So I had my local tig welding guru split the DP along one of its seems and install a 200 cell high flow cat brick that I got out of a new 3" Cat from magnaflow. High flow Maganaflow cat cost me $90 and welding was $65. All in all a great result. The welds are so clean you can't even tell it was worked on. And the DP works brilliantly, great high flow, less noise and no smell!
Appreciate 3