View Single Post
      12-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #53
kanucks
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xDrive

Thanks for sharing all the invaluable info OP! Any thoughts or plans on ever adding a ERIC catted DP (best of both worlds)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
Update:

The project is complete! Several things have changed since the original plan, including several drives up the East Coast to see the crew.

First thing, the Magnificent DP that was built for me had to go, nothing to do with the quality or experience as I'll explain later, but the DP combined with the AA Signature Exhaust was just too much! It was always in your face, and this is a cab so by the 4th day I had already had enough! It saddens me that I have lost that primeval belch that arose from the outlets, but now I have peace of mind when I decide to drop the top, spank some good jazz and just tune out the world. The lesson here is that you can't have both, but I tried.

Secondly, we had to remove the ER FMIC. Master Mechanic Frank discussed the removal of the front lower support brace due to the size of the IC when I picked up the car, but the exhaust note was so intoxicating, I wasn't hearing what he was saying. That brace is there for a reason as it connects/supports the front lower bumper to the skid plate below the engine...couldn't imaging what would happen if you had a front end collision without that brace.

I'm having some issues with the company that I purchased this from and have been handed off to ER for some reason. Here is a pic of the FMIC and you can see that it extends well beyond the bottom support bracket:

Here is how it looked installed and you can see no support brace:

Here is a pic of the OEM unit with the support brace:

Now for the fun stuff, I have the averages of multiple runs before and after the DP & FMIC, and they did make a difference:

DP, FMIC & AA Exhaust:
0-60 ~ 5.4
1/4 Mile ~ 13.9 @ 100mph

ECU and AA Exhaust:
0-60 ~ 5.5
1/4 Mile ~ 14.2 @ 98mph

The car "feels" like it pulls harder with the stock DP & FMIC. Enzo himself thought so also and the turbo nose-over was gone, but the numbers don't lie. Additionally, Enzo couldn't make three attempts with the oem DP & FMIC as the car just kept loosing power during back-2-back-2-back runs. This was not a problem with the Enzo Performance DP and ER FMIC, the car just kept pulling!!!

Final words have to do with Gas mileage. Having made several 400+ mile round trips, with all the goodies on I-95 I averaged 26.4 mpg @ 80mph cruise. Without the DP and FMIC I averaged 28.7 for the same circuit.

That's all I have for now, but I would really like to say thanks to the crew , they are the best!
Appreciate 0