10-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #54
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235iCA-guy View Post
BRBM...What do you mean by that?
I mean much respect to you and your future Dinan mods; could not have thought up a better plan myself.

To be clear, you are putting together a machine that - in my my view/for my money - is more desirable than an M2. Dollar for dollar, your car will equal a better car for (I think) essentially the same or less money; why pay the M2 premium? (Watch....Bimmerpost Trolls will jump all over that last sentence. Bring it on )

OK, CA-guy. So after Dinan S2 is done, personally, I'm thinking you're all set for power. Look at the torque #s! I've only got 443 in the C63 and while I get 370 @ 2,000 rpm and about 400-410 @ 3,000, I'm a 4,040 lb. pig.........with power to the rear only. Guessing you might put an ass-whuppin' on my supposedly big & bad AMG.

My G35? Not even close; I'd quickly be a mosquito in your rear view mirror.
  • YOU: "Where the (bleep) did he go? He just disappeared into the horizon." (As you're flooring it.)
  • ME: "I need a Stillen-Vortech supercharger. This 280HP/270 lb-ft ain't doin it."

Now, wanna upgrade some suspension pieces - Eibach springs some + Tokico shocks maybe - that won't cost much more..........assuming it's even needed. Knowing BMW, the stock chassis should be stout enough, but it all depends. Gonna be doing track days? Just want a street vehicle that can whup-ass (as described)?

Either way, your call and I'm confident you will nail it. So, looking forward to hearing about and seeing your finished product. Rock on.
Appreciate 0