OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Enzo Tuned - 300R+

Ok, so I stole the 300R+ idea from ROBNYC, but it's in line with the performance theme from EnzoPerformance. I need to see if they are going to actually use this as a package!

This thread will go through all the parts I'm adding to my 228i cab to allow her to breath properly and sound like the German Performance car she is! I'm not looking for extreme HP or Torque gains, but a total package of performance, sound and drivability.

First off, the whole experience from the staff at EnzoPerformance, especially Renato, which validated why this shop is so highly recommended. Their professionalism and dedication to the craft goes above and beyond what I've seen in most tune shops. Enzo himself took the time to listen to what I was looking for in the tune and explained in detail what he could do for me! I can't say enough about this shop!!!

Step 1: Enzo Stage 1 ECU Tune. Power delivery is now buttery smooth and I can get loose in 1st and 2nd on the stock 225's. This will be addressed later once I sell my stock wheels but for now I'm having fun shredding those run-flats!! I additionally had the team install S55 plugs to ensure we didn't encounter any pre-detonation issues as these little engines run hot, as per a suggestion from 2msport and discovered by Stubok.

Step 2: ER FMIC and Charge Pipes. These will be going in on the next visit along with everything listed below. This is to ensure the turbo and heads stay as cool as possible for longevity and potentially help the little turbo spool quicker. Hats off to Mike from Extreme Power House for the killer deals he gave me. He is also shipping directly to the shop, which some stores will not do!

Step 3: Ezno Down Pipe. This is where I will get the sound I want from the 2.0l engine. Enzo will be using my car as the template for future 228 DP's, which will benefit the next enthusiast as I know these will be of the highest caliber. Spooling should be snappier and I'm sure I'll net some additional gains as well. I was sold on this once I saw the precision welds the team is producing on some really trick exhaust systems...made skills in the shop!

Step 4: AA Signature Exhaust. This will relieve some of the pressure off the turbo but is primarily being installed for it's throaty sound. There are not too many options for the 228 non M-Sport at this time, and once again Mike came to my rescue! I can't wait for the whole package to come together.

Once the system is completed, I will post some pics of the install along with sound clips of the stock and final exhaust. Hopefully this will help others who are looking at the same mods as I was.

Last edited by OpenAir; 10-01-2015 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 4