Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buumer View Post
Initially started getting very odd warning messages about Low tire pressure on all 4 tires. Went to check and everything looked to be in good order. Start up the car and the iDrive just shows the BMW logo and that's it. Tried to turn the car off and on, no luck. Then googled how to "reset" the system (mute and eject) and still nothing. Been like that for 2 days, and not only is the iDrive not working, but I can't switch driving modes or turn off tc. The system goes blank every 10 minutes or so and the BMW logo pops up again, guessing it's trying to restart itself.

Car has 23k miles on it and the dealer doesn't have any spots until next week. Anyone have anything similar to this happen?
Haven't had that issue to that extent...
I did have an issue with my iDrive a year ago where it just restarted randomly once but I literally took it straight to BMW after it happened and they just updated the software for me and since then no issues...

Yours might be a complete malfunction of the system? Maybe the harddrive, I have no idea... I suggest booking it in with your dealer, rather be safe than sorry.

Do let us know what the outcome is when you know
Appreciate 0