View Single Post
      06-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Guy View Post
I have a 2015 228i with the optional Tech Pkg on order. It will be here in 2-3 weeks, when we plan to take it on a long driving vacation. In the mean time, I'm using a program called "Microsoft Streets and Trips" to plan out the details of our route, including scenic drives and stops for lodging, attractions, meals, etc. From what I've been able to determine, we are planning many more stops than can be handled by the BMW's built-in Route Planner.

Of course I'd prefer to use the car's navigation system for route guidance; but since I can't find any way to import our entire route into the 228i's nav system, I plan to convert our route plan from "MS Streets and Trips" to Garmin's "Base Camp" program, and then load it onto my handheld Garmin GPS, which I guess I will have to use for navigation.

My question is, does anyone know how to get all of my 100+ waypoints into the BMW's nav system; or have any better ideas on how to accomplish this. BTW, I will have a Samsung smartphone and a Windows laptop computer with me as well, if they could somehow be interfaced with the car's system?

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.
You need to code HU_NBT 3000 NAVI_TRIP_IMPORT aktiv

to allow importing routes then you can use tyre-basic to generate the route on iDrive format http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/

and copy the file on a usb in \BMWData\Navigation\Routes
Then on iDrive go to Then go to Navigation Menu - My trips - Import from USB
Appreciate 0