View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #81
Dattebayo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
The engine is so capable and produces so much torque, but you don't want that energy to dissipate through excess body roll or in fighting the effect of an off-kilter suspension under load, which appears to be the principal complaint of the R & D review. Anything which can direct all that torque directly to the road, especially when cornering, will make the car feel sportier, and because, as MSport says, it's all electronic with no hardware replacements, it's a pretty good deal at around $450 (depending on labor costs). The Deuce now handles a lot more like small, capable, torquey 2-seater sports cars I've driven. One final point; I have the M Sport brakes but I've been underwhelmed by them, there's too much diving under braking and too much rearing back on release, it makes the effect sloppier than you would expect in high-performance brakes (the 4 Brembos on my GenCoupe 3.8L Track Edition were much better). I am pretty sure this mod has improved that, too.

Dinan also offers a Stage 1 engine tune for the 228i, with the same warranty protection as the Shockware mod and large boosts in HP and torque but that's $1400 and I think my dealership would have to be very tolerant indeed to look the other way when servicing the car under warranty. What do you all think?
It isn't necessary to fret with Dinan parts as Dinan matches the manufacture warranty on anything that will go wrong with the vehicle using their parts, installed from a certified retailer. That is why you are paying $1400 for it opposed to a $350 BMS stage 1 tune. A lot of that money go towards the warranty they provide.
Appreciate 0