Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
It will be "mandatory" in 2018. However, like every other manufacturer, it should actually be STANDARD. Btw, the driver's assistance package is well worth it and like a standard radio, something I use every day. If anything, I wish it had the bird's eye camera like the 4 series has. (of course I also wish they would finally put in HUD in there as an option, but alas, not yet).
Its not that BMW is choosing not to offer it..The 2'er dash is too small for HUD...Unless there is some new generation hardware or the dash is re-configured, HUD won't physically fit in a 2.
This is absolutely not true. There is pretty much absolutely nothing underneath the nacelle/behind the gauges, and as anyone who's installed a P3 gauge can tell you, there are heaps of open spaces between the dash and the bulkhead on the driver's side.

Space is not the reason A HUD isn't offered; economics is.
Appreciate 1