01-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #87
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am content with my car. I was just talking about something I would change if I could, but overall I'm very happy with it. Well, I would also change the really crappy radio too.
Yes, I keep equating to kids.... I love my kids dearly and if I said, I wished they did more sports than video games, that doesn't mean I don't love them. Simply, that there are some things we wish were a little different but we still love them. Where it goes south, is the reactionaries that simply label everything as hate when it's not. It's statement of love where we wish some things where a little different because we care!

The poster spent close to 50K on this 235, what more statement of love is there? But he just wishes something was a little different. We spend big money because we want something special not something that is the same as every other car. Otherwise, there are cheaper and more reliable alternatives.

Case in point.... BMW still is committed to rear drive, 50/50 weight distribution and offers manual transmissions. That sets them apart! Which is why I want so badly to buy another one. If they were making front wheel drive nose heavy automatic cars, I would buy an Audi or a GTI which is an incredibly fun FWD car for 26K. But we are here waiting to see what BMW comes out with next, so we can pick the car that fits the bill the best.
Appreciate 0