View Single Post
      01-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #80
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
Maybe three levels of chassis stiffness is a bit unreasonable, but they are giving us choices so why not at least have a bigger difference between comfort and sport modes? The car is being presented as an enthusiast's car so a stiff suspension as an option is probably not unreasonable. Besides, this thread is something of a "wish list" thread about our cars.
I can't disagree with you, as the desired calibration is a personal choice. For the purposes of going to a track, I get your concern. However, the current MAdaptive was designed with real world road conditions in mind. I can recall during vehicle development test drives of the mules at my prior car company employer, we would drive over a variety of simulated road "events" at the proving grounds....cobblestone, broken concrete, pot holes, speed bumps, grooved concrete, raised slabs, etc. Even the "performance" cars had to be tolerable on those events.

I live in an area with absolutely awful roads...Michigan! I'm installing 17" wheels/tires when the winters come off for the sake of the taller sidewall. If the 2 Series Sport setting were any more "Sport", there wouldn't be many opportunities to use it around this neck of the woods. As it is, I am mostly in Comfort and look for the stretches of road or highway still useable enough to enjoy Sport. My wife will comfortably ride with me on Comfort, but is not happy in Sport. So, as you said, the Comfort setting does its job.

I think you're a candidate for the MPerformance suspension, perhaps?
Appreciate 0