View Single Post
      06-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Zach1328
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i / 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Plus the M3 is just an all round car already where as the 335 needs to constantly pump money into to keep it in modders shape. M3 is also the best in its class, since forever.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean "best in its class", but I would disagree with that. If you're talking performance - there are better cars. If you're talking comfort - there are MUCH better cars. If you're talking handling - again, there are better cars.

Also, I own 2 n54's and haven't had to "pump" money into either one of them. The 3 big things to keep it in "modders shape" are spark plugs, ignition coils, and oil changes. Nothing the e46 M3 won't need from time to time.
Before I bought my 535i the mechanic at my indy shop warned me about the reliability of the e46 m3 and the 135/335/535 n54's.

I asked which one costs more to maintain/repair and he just laughed - told me they're both very expensive to maintain.
Although, at the end he added in that he see's more e46 M3's in his shop than n54's.
Again, this comparison SHOULD NOT take reliability into account. They're both expensive to maintain and it really comes down to which one you're willing to put the money into!
Mods: JB4 + MHD BEF, RB Twos Plus, Phoenix PI Manifold, Dual Walbro 450 LPFP's, DCI, VRSF DP's, VRSF 7.5" FMIC, VRSF CP + TiAL BOV, VRSF inlets & aluminum outlets, TC Kline SA, M3 F/R control arms, M3 subframe bushings
Appreciate 0