Thread: SBM2- M235i
View Single Post
      06-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #29
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

Louder on start up for sure, gives you a bit of a shock when you start it, you think, gee that sounds a bit loud. A few people have seen it at Brighton BMW and as they start it up, everyone that has spoken to me have said its too loud, but after the initial cold start occurs it idles like an original exhaust. Under acceleration it isn't loud or 'boomy' inside that would annoy people in the cabin and you can still speak and listen to people. From the outside you can hear the change in tone for sure and it has a nice burble on over run giving the popping sound we like. It is a Genuine product and feedback on a few of the exhausts we have sold are varied, some people think they are too quiet and probably expected them to be louder. In the main they suit the criteria of most buyers, it is easy to get stuck in the trap of having a car with an exhaust that is too loud. I think you want an exhaust that when you get on it you know you have it, but when your cruising you don't want it to annoy you. Overall i am happy with it.
Appreciate 0