View Single Post
      01-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #190
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Am I the only one who wants an ultra premium M2 with all the bells and whistles?
Unfortunately, you are not the only one! Actually, you represent the majority of BMW's M buyers and that's really the problem. Why?!

Because you demand an 'ultra premium car with all the bells and whistles' first and foremost. After adding all that weight to the car, you then demand the impossible... 'a more tossable heavier car'. When are you finally going to understand that this is a gross contradiction in terms?!

Look, you have to go back and realize that the original M cars, notably the E30, were brought from the track to street and not the other way around. This means the 'formula' was fundamentally right from the get go.

What you are asking for is exactly the opposite... 'give me the comfort and luxury then add driving fun'. It ain't gonna happen, I'm sorry!

What you are asking for is some sort of miracle... BMW, or any other car manufacturer for that matter, don't do miracles.

And if your idea of miracle is called Porsche then let me tell you that their lightest four seater is not fun at all... Panamera anyone?!
Appreciate 0