View Single Post
      10-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #480
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Based on the evolution of this data and subsequent official introductions, I believe the list I have is the superset of production.
I'll certainly watch in anticipation to see how things line up and match up.

Quote:
Yes, the number was off, but the car exists and is going to have the features just like those dumps showed.
Devil is in the details, I supose. To me the number is extremely important. We already knew what to expect from the F8x on a qualitative basis. Heck we even knew the engine code, displacement, etc. Not to diminish the rest, mind you, but the power number was the main piece of info that triggered skepticism in all of that for me, and it appears not to have been misplaced.

Quote:
I wish I could explain where my info comes from, it would be much easier to show what kinds of data are available. But you remember how it all worked out when I started talking about my source of VINs.
I honestly did not even recognize you as the same member who posted the VIN info. As was the case with that source and as I said before this is definitely relevant info and certainly not to be dismissed or ignored, so I am filing it away for reference.

At a high level my personal thinking is that we'll see the B48 and B58 sweep through the BMW lineup in a fairly whirlwind fashion just as the N20, N55, and N63Tu have in recent times (and still are). Parts commonality is driving the business case and they'll want to get ROI in timely fashion. If there is foot dragging and what appears to us "outsiders" to be strange decisions and inconsistencies then certainly the details you've dug up deserve the focus. If we could learn in advance about situations like we have today with the N54 holding on tightly in the Z4 LCI not just in the 35is model but even the 35i that's certainly a win.

Just as important, perhaps more so, is the power levels and so forth. These things are typically popular questions around the forum. We've seen reports of the potential for up to 133hp/L for the new engine family in regular series cars. I am sure it won't be there initially, especially for the B58, but it is of keen interest to everyone where things land for the first release. There's going to be a degree of disappointment if the standard N55 is replaced with a 300hp B58.
Appreciate 0