THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How do you guys do it?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

How do you guys do it?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey fellow 2er enthusiasts,

How do you guys deal with the tire/wheel/suspension combination of the m235i/ or sport/m-sport 228i? I'm thinking about getting rid of my car because I feel like the roads here are way too crappy for this car. I feel like I'm destroying the bushings and suspension everyday because of all the crappy patches on the roads here. Next year I'll be driving 40 miles round trip a day into the bad parts of Philadelphia with roads and construction areas that are even worse than the suburbs by far. I'm thinking about trading my car in for a rear wheel drive 328i without sport line and or any packages that would ruin the ride quality (like my mothers 528i, which is a tank and can go anywhere). Seriously, I'm at the point where I'm afraid to drive my M235i anywhere because I don't want to pop a tire/bend a wheel/break suspension components. I think the car is way too sensitive and stuff to be able to take on the highways at high speed in the part of the country (because everyone drives like a maniac and there's no room to avoid potholes). Does anyone have a similar experience? Should I get rid of my car?

Thanks
Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
Sportstick
Major
Sportstick's Avatar
265
Rep
1,430
Posts

Drives: '15 228i/Track Pkg/6MT/VO
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Philadelphia has nothing on the Southeast Michigan area, including Detroit, for crappy roads. Our major political topic is not the presidency, the police, it's how the state will implement legislation for road improvements. Anyway, it's not so much the car...it's very much the wheels and tires.

Here is one solution.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...&highlight=BBS

And, a ready finger for the Comfort setting on the MAdaptive suspension switch. I choose Comfort vs. Sport based on two factors:

1) Is my wife in the car
2) What route/road conditions I'm facing

Perhaps DWS06 tires, which as UHPAS, will also be a more forgiving model, while still providing very good performance, although clearly not PSS league. Life is full of trade-offs, but you don't need to trade off the entire car.
__________________
2015 228i 6MT VO over Oyster/Brushed Aluminum
Track Handling Package
Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance Pkgs
BBS SR Wheels/Michelin AS3 Tires
MPerformance Spoiler/Black Kidney Grilles/Xpel Ultimate/OptiCoat Pro
Appreciate 4
      12-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Awesome recommendation on the DWS. I had them on previous cars like my VW GLI and 330ci. They did improve ride, but they also bubbled frequently. Are Supersports really that much stiffer than DWS06?

And for some reason I thought 17s wouldn't clear the brakes but I guess you're proven that's not true...
__________________

Last edited by BMW335iOn18s; 12-12-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
xantdieselx
Capo
xantdieselx's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
677
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235i X-Drive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

In RI and we have the worst roads in the country (seriously someone did a study). I have a 13' 328i x-drive w/o adaptive suspension, stock dampers, stock springs on on the OEM Conti 18" RFT's.

I've had my car 2 1/2 years and in that time I've been through 5 wheels and 4 tires. I literally had a collection of bent/damaged wheels in my shed. The point is with crappy roads no matter what you drive you are going to have problems.

Will you have less with a softer suspension and higher profile tires? Probably but its not a guarantee. BMW wheels can be a bit prone to bending. On my E92 I had 19" Alufelgen wheels with Conti DWS tires and the ride was better than the stock 17" wheels with Cont RFT's.

I can't wait until I can order my M235i (March/April 16') and I envy you guys that drive them. I went from a 135i to an E92 to my current F30 (there was a GTI in there as well) and I've been waiting 2 1/2+ years to get back into something more sporty like the M235i.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #5
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
In RI and we have the worst roads in the country (seriously someone did a study). I have a 13' 328i x-drive w/o adaptive suspension, stock dampers, stock springs on on the OEM Conti 18" RFT's.

I've had my car 2 1/2 years and in that time I've been through 5 wheels and 4 tires. I literally had a collection of bent/damaged wheels in my shed. The point is with crappy roads no matter what you drive you are going to have problems.

Will you have less with a softer suspension and higher profile tires? Probably but its not a guarantee. BMW wheels can be a bit prone to bending. On my E92 I had 19" Alufelgen wheels with Conti DWS tires and the ride was better than the stock 17" wheels with Cont RFT's.

I can't wait until I can order my M235i (March/April 16') and I envy you guys that drive them. I went from a 135i to an E92 to my current F30 (there was a GTI in there as well) and I've been waiting 2 1/2+ years to get back into something more sporty like the M235i.
That's insane! I don't leave the suburbs with my car, so it's been ok other than a nail. However, my dad has a 640, and he goes through 5 tires a winter, much like you have. On the other hand, the 528i without any sport packages (baseline) and it's 55 profile tires has actually been bulletproof. We had another one just like it and one before that. All 3 non sport 5 series we've had in the past 7 years never had any issues with bubbling tires. Im thinking either BBS SR + all seasons like sport stick or maybe get DWS06 on the OEM wheels. My question is, how much will soft tires really improve the ride quality? I bubbled several 17 inch (225/45/17) DWS with my VW so i'm not totally sold on them.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Sportstick
Major
Sportstick's Avatar
265
Rep
1,430
Posts

Drives: '15 228i/Track Pkg/6MT/VO
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

The DWS06 has a similar name, but is a new product and the latest improvement from Continental. I personally prefer AS3, but DWS06 have a greater likelihood of ride improvement.
__________________
2015 228i 6MT VO over Oyster/Brushed Aluminum
Track Handling Package
Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance Pkgs
BBS SR Wheels/Michelin AS3 Tires
MPerformance Spoiler/Black Kidney Grilles/Xpel Ultimate/OptiCoat Pro
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
32
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Plano, TX

iTrader: (0)

I have DWS06 as my winter setup and like them a lot.
Previously I almost never used comfort mode because of negligible comfort difference it provided but now comfort setting is noticeable improvement in comparison to sport setting mode.
Also the lighter Enkei wheels used may be also contributing to ride comfort.
Here is my setup.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Sportstick
Major
Sportstick's Avatar
265
Rep
1,430
Posts

Drives: '15 228i/Track Pkg/6MT/VO
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuan99 View Post
I have DWS06 as my winter setup
The benefits of living in Texas....we take off all season tires here for studless winters, such as Blizzak WS80! Although, maybe not this year....60 degrees F in December!
__________________
2015 228i 6MT VO over Oyster/Brushed Aluminum
Track Handling Package
Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance Pkgs
BBS SR Wheels/Michelin AS3 Tires
MPerformance Spoiler/Black Kidney Grilles/Xpel Ultimate/OptiCoat Pro
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #9
ScottSinger
Lieutenant Colonel
180
Rep
1,525
Posts

Drives: M235i 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (0)

i look like a drunk driver swerving around all the potholes and slowing down to crawl over rough patches.
The BMW X-1 would have been the ideal car for my environs but was afraid my older family members would have difficulty getting into a slightly higher vehicle.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
32
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Plano, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The benefits of living in Texas....we take off all season tires here for studless winters, such as Blizzak WS80! Although, maybe not this year....60 degrees F in December!
It is 72 degree today.
Winter is very unpredictable here.
It is mostly warm but occasionally we get a few inches of snow and they are too much for stock PSS tires.
This is reason I went for high performance all season tires that can cope with light snow.
So far these tires performed so well that the thought of using them all year long crossed my mind.
But they likely will feel too soft during near 100 degree summer temperature.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #11
Midwest M235i
Major
Midwest M235i's Avatar
United_States
123
Rep
1,488
Posts

Drives: 2015 m235xi
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
Hey fellow 2er enthusiasts,

How do you guys deal with the tire/wheel/suspension combination of the m235i/ or sport/m-sport 228i? I'm thinking about getting rid of my car because I feel like the roads here are way too crappy for this car. I feel like I'm destroying the bushings and suspension everyday because of all the crappy patches on the roads here. Next year I'll be driving 40 miles round trip a day into the bad parts of Philadelphia with roads and construction areas that are even worse than the suburbs by far. I'm thinking about trading my car in for a rear wheel drive 328i without sport line and or any packages that would ruin the ride quality (like my mothers 528i, which is a tank and can go anywhere). Seriously, I'm at the point where I'm afraid to drive my M235i anywhere because I don't want to pop a tire/bend a wheel/break suspension components. I think the car is way too sensitive and stuff to be able to take on the highways at high speed in the part of the country (because everyone drives like a maniac and there's no room to avoid potholes). Does anyone have a similar experience? Should I get rid of my car?

Thanks
Dave
Sounds like you need a small SAV with 17's...
__________________
Current Ride: 2015 M235xi\Melbourne Red\Black Leather\Tech\Cold Weather\Premium\Harmon Kardon\Drivers Assistance\M Sport Exhaust\CF Performance Interior Trim\Sport Black Grills

Previous Rides: X3 28i, E92 M3, E70 X5 35d, E71 X6 50i, E71 X6 35i,E60 550i, E46 M3 Cabriolet, E39 540i, E36 328i
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
Hey fellow 2er enthusiasts,

How do you guys deal with the tire/wheel/suspension combination of the m235i/ or sport/m-sport 228i? I'm thinking about getting rid of my car because I feel like the roads here are way too crappy for this car. I feel like I'm destroying the bushings and suspension everyday because of all the crappy patches on the roads here. Next year I'll be driving 40 miles round trip a day into the bad parts of Philadelphia with roads and construction areas that are even worse than the suburbs by far. I'm thinking about trading my car in for a rear wheel drive 328i without sport line and or any packages that would ruin the ride quality (like my mothers 528i, which is a tank and can go anywhere). Seriously, I'm at the point where I'm afraid to drive my M235i anywhere because I don't want to pop a tire/bend a wheel/break suspension components. I think the car is way too sensitive and stuff to be able to take on the highways at high speed in the part of the country (because everyone drives like a maniac and there's no room to avoid potholes). Does anyone have a similar experience? Should I get rid of my car?

Thanks
Dave
Sounds like you need a small SAV with 17's...
I do, but a 3er is as far away from a 2er as I'm willing to go. I'm not a fan of SUVs. Maybe an X3 would be nice though...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #13
mfourn20
First Lieutenant
mfourn20's Avatar
27
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: 228i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Warwick, RI USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
In RI and we have the worst roads in the country (seriously someone did a study). I have a 13' 328i x-drive w/o adaptive suspension, stock dampers, stock springs on on the OEM Conti 18" RFT's.

I've had my car 2 1/2 years and in that time I've been through 5 wheels and 4 tires. I literally had a collection of bent/damaged wheels in my shed. The point is with crappy roads no matter what you drive you are going to have problems.

Will you have less with a softer suspension and higher profile tires? Probably but its not a guarantee. BMW wheels can be a bit prone to bending. On my E92 I had 19" Alufelgen wheels with Conti DWS tires and the ride was better than the stock 17" wheels with Cont RFT's.

I can't wait until I can order my M235i (March/April 16') and I envy you guys that drive them. I went from a 135i to an E92 to my current F30 (there was a GTI in there as well) and I've been waiting 2 1/2+ years to get back into something more sporty like the M235i.
Isn't that the truth...I don't drive a road quickly here unless I know it...this winter is going to be real bad. They hardly "fixed" what got destroyed last winter...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:02 AM   #14
caycep
Second Lieutenant
22
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: 228i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
i was following some guy in a stanced G37 or whatever it was, in downtown Manhattan (Canal Street)...that guy was zigging some zags....
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:32 AM   #15
krhodes1
Major
69
Rep
1,247
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i Wagon, 2016 M235i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westbrook, Maine

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I doubt you will find a 3-series on RFTs to be an improvement. My '11 on 17" OEM Continental RFTs rides worse than my M235i on non-RFT Pilot Sports. And RFTs are MUCH worse for bending wheels than non-RFT. With nearly no give in the sidewalls, the force of an impact has to go somewhere - right to the rim of the wheel.

My suggestion would be to get a set of 17" wheels with non-RFT tires. The taller sidewalls will help a great deal. Much cheaper than replacing the car.
__________________
'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'16 M235i - Estoril on Oyster, 6spd manual, sunroof delete
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 04:47 AM   #16
csg
always learning
csg's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: fast, takes chances
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dayton, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
Hey fellow 2er enthusiasts,

How do you guys deal with the tire/wheel/suspension combination of the m235i/ or sport/m-sport 228i? I'm thinking about getting rid of my car because I feel like the roads here are way too crappy for this car.

Should I get rid of my car?

A few comments from someone who has owned a few lowered cars in urban areas (read: Boston, New York City, Rochester NY, Dayton OH, Denver, CO).

Bottom line: You shouldn't get rid of your car because the roads are bad, you should change the way you drive it. If you don't like driving it this way, then I guess you might want to consider something a little more compliant, or taller tires and smaller wheels. If you're on run-flats, that's your first step either way, get rid of them!

I've seen quite a few bad roads in the ~10 lowered cars I've owned in these areas but have learned that no matter the kind of road, it's incumbent on me, the driver, to look after my car and drive cautiously to avoid potholes, large gaps and other obstacles. Do I swerve into other lanes to avoid them? Absolutely not! I do, however, use the skills I've picked up at HPDEs to use "high eyes" to scan the road ahead of me to see in advance where the potholes are and safely maneuver around them (be it a lane change or just adjusting my line). I've picked out 2 routes between my home and work place that I've all-but memorized (20 minutes, 11 miles) and I know where the big bumps are and how I can avoid them. As for new routes, I am constantly moving my focus to increase my situational awareness of cars around me, pedestrians and obstacles (potholes, sunken and raised manhole covers, construction, etc.) and ensure that I avoid as much of it as safely possible. I've found that this is more or less a "tax" of owning a sports/lowered car. In the end, it adds to the engagement I seek in my daily commute and I rather enjoy the drive, I find that I'm much more connected to the environment around me.

Just my $0.02!
__________________
-Colby
1987 325i (his)
2016 M235i (his)
2015 VW Golf SportWagen TDI (hers)
1997 Mazda Freeata (hers)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #17
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg View Post
A few comments from someone who has owned a few lowered cars in urban areas (read: Boston, New York City, Rochester NY, Dayton OH, Denver, CO).

Bottom line: You shouldn't get rid of your car because the roads are bad, you should change the way you drive it. If you don't like driving it this way, then I guess you might want to consider something a little more compliant, or taller tires and smaller wheels. If you're on run-flats, that's your first step either way, get rid of them!

I've seen quite a few bad roads in the ~10 lowered cars I've owned in these areas but have learned that no matter the kind of road, it's incumbent on me, the driver, to look after my car and drive cautiously to avoid potholes, large gaps and other obstacles. Do I swerve into other lanes to avoid them? Absolutely not! I do, however, use the skills I've picked up at HPDEs to use "high eyes" to scan the road ahead of me to see in advance where the potholes are and safely maneuver around them (be it a lane change or just adjusting my line). I've picked out 2 routes between my home and work place that I've all-but memorized (20 minutes, 11 miles) and I know where the big bumps are and how I can avoid them. As for new routes, I am constantly moving my focus to increase my situational awareness of cars around me, pedestrians and obstacles (potholes, sunken and raised manhole covers, construction, etc.) and ensure that I avoid as much of it as safely possible. I've found that this is more or less a "tax" of owning a sports/lowered car. In the end, it adds to the engagement I seek in my daily commute and I rather enjoy the drive, I find that I'm much more connected to the environment around me.

Just my $0.02!
I already do everything you say, and have been doing so since I had my E46 when i was 16 many years ago, which was also very low, and also had 18 inch style 71 wheels with low pros (man, it was a sexy car back in it's time). However, at the same time, I'm going to be commuting 1 hour each way, 20 miles one way, through urban/suburban areas. Some of which are highways. Which can fall apart any day (potholes can randomly pop up at anytime). Also, driving slowly in a bad part of philly, avoiding potholes and driving slowly is a great way to attract negative attention and experience road rage.

Owning a sporty BMW is all fun and games when you have a commute that's fairly consistent, and you have time/low enough stress levels to enjoy your car. But when you're in class for 9 hours a day (8 to 5) and have exams every friday, I can imagine that i'll have to put my car enthusiasm asaide for a year or two, and losing valuable study time sitting at the tire place or waiting for a tow truck isn't exactly how I want to spend my afternoons in graduate/professional school. I think i'm going to keep the car and hopefully find a route that's easy on the car, but worst comes to worst, I'll have to get rid of it. Most likely i'll throw on a set of soft all-seasons and enjoy the car for the next few years . Hell, if I don't mind the commute, maybe i'll get the M240i like I plan to.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #18
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
I doubt you will find a 3-series on RFTs to be an improvement. My '11 on 17" OEM Continental RFTs rides worse than my M235i on non-RFT Pilot Sports. And RFTs are MUCH worse for bending wheels than non-RFT. With nearly no give in the sidewalls, the force of an impact has to go somewhere - right to the rim of the wheel.

My suggestion would be to get a set of 17" wheels with non-RFT tires. The taller sidewalls will help a great deal. Much cheaper than replacing the car.
I don't have RFT's on my M235i, but the 328xi F30 loaner i had, and my mothers 528i non sport both have run flats, and they're WAY more capable of handling potholes than my car. I hit an insanely large pothole going 25 MPH before the holland tunnel in the 528i and it didn't even bubble. That same impact in the 640i or my car would have bent the wheel, slashed the tire at MINIMUM. Run flats might feel stiff, but you can't compare 225/55/17 to 245/35/18....one has 3 times the sidewall of the other.

But yeah, we always replace run flats with DWS, except for the most recent f10 we've had (barely put 8k on it in one year) and my car (apparently winter was cancelled this year). All they do on the previous e92s we've had and the 640 is bubble/absorb the impact without transferring it to the wheel so you don't bend the wheel. You still have to wait for a tow truck though.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #19
scrape1
Second Lieutenant
39
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: '14 228i M Sport, '04 X3 3.0i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northeast

iTrader: (0)

It's an annoyance to me that the low profile tire fad has driven the automotive industry to a point where it's hard to find a non base model car with enough sidewall on the tires to be practical on Northeast roads. BMW is a big culprit here. I really wish they would go through the trouble of offering a downsize wheel/tire package from the factory, because the stuff they sell on the M sport and sport line cars just doesn't hold up, and I am past the age where I am happy to zig and zag across the road on my way to pick up a carton of milk just to have a bit more aggressive stance on my car.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #20
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
BMW335iOn18s's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: AW/BLK '15 M235i 6MT | 528/640
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrape1 View Post
It's an annoyance to me that the low profile tire fad has driven the automotive industry to a point where it's hard to find a non base model car with enough sidewall on the tires to be practical on Northeast roads. BMW is a big culprit here. I really wish they would go through the trouble of offering a downsize wheel/tire package from the factory, because the stuff they sell on the M sport and sport line cars just doesn't hold up, and I am past the age where I am happy to zig and zag across the road on my way to pick up a carton of milk just to have a bit more aggressive stance on my car.
THIS +10000000
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #21
Transfer
Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
2,308
Posts

Drives: M235xi, SQ5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i View Post
Sounds like you need a small SAV with 17's...
This. Maybe find an X1 35i with 17s or 18s. Or go for broke and get an SQ5 with 20s. We love ours. The GLA45 AMG also has much larger diameter tires and uses 235/50 on 18s or 235/45 on 19s.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #22
BEM-S4
Colonel
BEM-S4's Avatar
330
Rep
2,584
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i View Post
Sounds like you need a small SAV with 17's...
This. Maybe find an X1 35i with 17s or 18s. Or go for broke and get an SQ5 with 20s. We love ours. The GLA45 AMG also has much larger diameter tires and uses 235/50 on 18s or 235/45 on 19s.
The Macan S is also a beast, was sad to see ours go. That said for well under $2k you can get some BBS SR rims and some thicker rubber and be just fine.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.




2addicts
2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST