THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning My M235i: JB4 Installed + Video :)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2014, 04:39 AM   #1
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

My M235i: JB4 Installed + Video :)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
-

Last edited by JustinCredibleM; 10-15-2014 at 01:40 PM.
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
Delnari
Captain
 
Delnari's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 840
iTrader: (1)

Very Nice!
Delnari is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Vossen wheels
Major
 
Vossen wheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i N55
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 1,014
iTrader: (0)

Sounds Amazing!
Vossen wheels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Delnari
Captain
 
Delnari's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 840
iTrader: (1)

Any car warnings or codes come up on interior displays?
Delnari is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
kerm1t
Lieutenant
 
Drives: MG M235i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 444
iTrader: (0)

can't wait to see some numbers!!
kerm1t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
Any car warnings or codes come up on interior displays?
None! My car seemed to like the JB4 .
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
kerm1t
Lieutenant
 
Drives: MG M235i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 444
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM View Post
None! My car seemed to like the JB4 .
was the jb4 a day and night different as some people claim? I'm guessing it didn't make That much of a difference since its still only in map1, but do you think it was worth it? or do you think it'll only be worth it once you get into map2
kerm1t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
was the jb4 a day and night different as some people claim? I'm guessing it didn't make That much of a difference since its still only in map1, but do you think it was worth it? or do you think it'll only be worth it once you get into map2
I did noticed a more responsive low/mid end with a bigger punch when you go full throttle and it pulls nice throughout the whole rev-range. It is a definitely night and day difference though.

My butt dyno says it feels like it picked up 50wtq or more, but it might need to be re-calibrated lol.

Last edited by JustinCredibleM; 04-03-2014 at 05:42 PM.
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
Delnari
Captain
 
Delnari's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 840
iTrader: (1)

That is excellent news on no codes or warnings. My guess is the downpipe change that threw a dash code after the install is now being cleared by the JB4? Please be sure to post of the new dyno numbers so we can compare them to your baseline.
Delnari is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
That is excellent news on no codes or warnings. My guess is the downpipe change that threw a dash code after the install is now being cleared by the JB4? Please be sure to post of the new dyno numbers so we can compare them to your baseline.
I definitely will!

The only code that lingered (before) install was the catless downpipe one, but it was cleared. So its all good now .
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #11
MadMoose
New Member
 
Drives: Fiesta ST
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what this car can do with full bolt ons. The electronic solenoid n55 seems much more promising than the previous version.

Are you planing on doing any 1/4 mile runs?
MadMoose is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #12
cmkde
Private
 
Drives: Alpine white M235i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: AZ

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Car should be fairly strong in the 1/4 mile with map 1 I'd say 12.5 rather easily with Justin's setup. map 2 is where it would get realllllly interesting.
cmkde is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #13
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMoose View Post
Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what this car can do with full bolt ons. The electronic solenoid n55 seems much more promising than the previous version.

Are you planing on doing any 1/4 mile runs?
I agree and the 4" outlet helps a ton.

I'm not much of drag race person, so I probably won't be doing 1/4 mile runs. The power is more of just so I merge and can pass semi-trucks quicker .
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #14
MadMoose
New Member
 
Drives: Fiesta ST
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkde
Car should be fairly strong in the 1/4 mile with map 1 I'd say 12.5 rather easily with Justin's setup. map 2 is where it would get realllllly interesting.
Yeah, it should be. Main reason I'm concerned is because of how slow all the cars in the n55 drag times thread are with bolt ons. I know it's not a drag car but I'd like my theoretical m235i to be able to keep up with my boss 302
MadMoose is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
Brings
Hard Gay~
 
Drives: '12 GT-R, '07 GT3, '14 M235i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sim City

Posts: 133
iTrader: (1)

It's no GTR, but damn does that thing pick up speed. Definitely better for passing cars on the highway than my BRZ with a whopping 170whp and even less tq lol.
Brings is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #16
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMoose View Post
Yeah, it should be. Main reason I'm concerned is because of how slow all the cars in the n55 drag times thread are with bolt ons. I know it's not a drag car but I'd like my theoretical m235i to be able to keep up with my boss 302
It should be fairly close with minor bolt-ons, but after the 1/4 mile, I am sure the top-end on the Boss 302 would edge out the car. The turbos won't be pushing enough air at that point to really play with aerodynamics and other factors.
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
RSXDC5
Private First Class
 
RSXDC5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Justin, when will you be moving over to the JB4's Map2??
__________________
2013 AW 328i M-Sport 8spd w/ BMS JB4

Ordering next spring!... 2015/2016 M3 AW/6 MT/Adaptive Dampers/Harmon Kardon/CCB's?
RSXDC5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #18
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXDC5 View Post
Justin, when will you be moving over to the JB4's Map2??
Whenever Map 2 is released . The electronic wastegate requires a harness which is not publicly available yet, since more testing is required.
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #19
cmkde
Private
 
Drives: Alpine white M235i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: AZ

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Dyno .... Dyno .... Dyno

cmkde is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
Delnari
Captain
 
Delnari's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 840
iTrader: (1)

It's Sunday and I haven't seen any posts this weekend! You must have a life outside this forum or too busy enjoying your new tune

Waiting with great anticipation for your dyno sheet or video with the JB4 Map 1. Schedule for my Dyno test on Tuesday with aFe Intake and JB4 Stage 1. Like to compare apples to oranges numbers afterwards. I'm just hoping for a 10% peak gain in both HP and Torque. The 400+ HP can wait for a couple years with my new M2
Delnari is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #21
JustinCredibleM
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '14 M235i, '12 GT-R, '02 996TT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV | San Diego, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
It's Sunday and I haven't seen any posts this weekend! You must have a life outside this forum or too busy enjoying your new tune

Waiting with great anticipation for your dyno sheet or video with the JB4 Map 1. Schedule for my Dyno test on Tuesday with aFe Intake and JB4 Stage 1. Like to compare apples to oranges numbers afterwards. I'm just hoping for a 10% peak gain in both HP and Torque. The 400+ HP can wait for a couple years with my new M2
Been busy these past few days spending sometime outside the forum and enjoying my time with friends and girlfriend . I couldn't get the dyno in this week because of some unforeseen issues, but I am scheduled to do it this Friday as well as a road course event.

I am sure you'll be putting down some awesome numbers!

Last edited by JustinCredibleM; 04-07-2014 at 04:45 AM.
JustinCredibleM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST