THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum The new BMW M240i M Performance Edition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
16495
Rep
18,446
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb The new BMW M240i M Performance Edition

BIMMERPOST NEWS
The new BMW M240i M Performance Edition
99
COMMENTS
Name:  P90259124_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 13317
Size:  1.67 MB

Global Press Release

May 15, 2017

Munich.
The desire for individualisation remains unbroken. With M Performance Parts, BMW offers sports-oriented customers the opportunity to customise their cars according to their preferences. With the new BMW M240i M Performance Edition, BMW M is now launching a special series in line with this trend. It has been designed to express the athletic appeal of the compact sport coupé even more. The Edition model already features many high-grade exterior components from the M Performance accessory program ex works. These have been harmonised with care and enhance the sporty appearance and dynamic appeal of the powerful Coupé even further. Carbon fibre or black detail parts provide distinctive contrasts to the Alpine White paintwork. The BMW M240i M Performance Edition is powered by a 250 kW/340 hp inline 6-cylinder engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo Technology (combined fuel consumption: 8.5 – 7.7 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 195 – 176 g/km)*.

Powerful statement and outstanding athleticism.
The athletic look of the compact sports coupé is highlighted especially by the large 19 inch light alloy wheels, fitted with 225/35 R19 (front) and 245/30 R19 (rear) mixed tyres. The high-quality double-spoke forged wheels are finished in bicolor Orbit Grey and have a diamond polished visible side; at the front the special edition features areodynamics parts consisting of air guides, splitter and bumper front section, whose spoiler lip is finished in matt black. The radiator grille including kidney grille bars is also in black. The partly painted rear diffuser and a carbon-fibre rear spoiler add to the car’s expressive appeal. Here, too, carbon fibre and black colours create an impressive contrast to the car’s white paintwork.

Carbon fibre tailpipe trim with embossed M logo underline the motor racing character of this edition model. Carbon fibre outside mirror caps and the side sill attachments with foiled M Performance inscription round off the dynamic appearance of the BMW M240i M Performance Edition.

Uncompromising quality and performance. All M Performance components have been developed especially for the BMW M240i incorporating the full motor sports know-how of BMW M GmbH and are perfectly harmonised with each other. Together they optimise the aerodynamic flow pattern around the car thereby optimising its handling and driving performance. The BMW M240i M Performance Edition is assembled exclusively in the BMW Leipzig plant.

Consistently sporty, with optional BMW xDrive.
The powerful BMW M240i M Performance Edition can be ordered either with a 6-speed manual gearbox or an 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission. In addition BMW xDrive is optionally available for the high performance coupé. In this case the car always comes with automatic transmission. The compact sports car boasts impressive performance figures. In conjunction with the all-wheel drive (combined fuel consumption: 8.0 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 184 g/km)* it sprints from zero to 100 km/h in only 4.4 seconds, the top speed being 250 km/h for every drive variant.

The BMW M240i M Performance Edition is limited to 750 units and will be available from July 2017.

* The fuel consumption figures were calculated based on the ECE test cycle, dependent on the choice of transmission and the configuration of the drivetrain.

Name:  P90259124_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 13317
Size:  1.67 MB

Name:  P90259126_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 12735
Size:  1.67 MB

Name:  P90259138_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 12392
Size:  1.34 MB

Name:  P90259139_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 12345
Size:  1.64 MB

Name:  P90259140_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 12128
Size:  1.68 MB

Name:  P90259141_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11862
Size:  467.9 KB

Name:  P90259142_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11981
Size:  1.67 MB

Name:  P90259143_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11849
Size:  772.6 KB

Name:  P90259144_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11868
Size:  613.6 KB

Name:  P90259145_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11913
Size:  1.91 MB

Name:  P90259146_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11822
Size:  840.4 KB

Name:  P90259147_highRes_the-new-bmw-m240i-m-.jpg
Views: 11711
Size:  1.53 MB

__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
watermelon3878
New Member
3
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: feet/bike
Join Date: May 2017
Location: a place

iTrader: (0)

gimme

gimme
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
2kaccordocoupe's Avatar
Canada
207
Rep
3,515
Posts

Drives: MY2017 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Six

iTrader: (2)

That looks good
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #4
Eau_Rouge111
Second Lieutenant
Eau_Rouge111's Avatar
Canada
145
Rep
276
Posts

Drives: 2009 128i and 2007 Z4M Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Mississauga, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like the regular M240...same spec wheels available...same power...same suspension. Only thing I see is a carbon spoiler, carbon mirror covers and more M badges on the side skirts and no mention of an LSD...so..."stickers adds 10 hp" BMW is trying to sell people
      05-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #5
BMWs85b55
New Member
7
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2017 M140i Performance Edition
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

This is basically what Australia did the with M140i M Performance Edition that was limited to 60 units, and the manuals also got the LSD (that's what I got)
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
frKENm3
Second Lieutenant
frKENm3's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: a manual ///M4
Join Date: May 2016
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
the hell? just get an actual M2
__________________
My16 F82 ///M ZCP Arrival:8/31/16 - MW|SOfull|Lighting|6MT

Instagram = m.4play
      05-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #7
orangeglim
Second Lieutenant
orangeglim's Avatar
29
Rep
200
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235i
Join Date: May 2016
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [4.00]
So....they just bolt on all the M Performance accessories for you, so you don't have to do it later? Cool, I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Moderator
Paul-Bracq-BMW's Avatar
Australia
1961
Rep
1,654
Posts

Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frKENm3 View Post
the hell? just get an actual M2
Some find the M2 a bit too extreme as a daily driver. And the M240 probably hits the sweet spot for these people...
__________________
1981 323i, 143 Kashmir-Metallic, 0094 Pergament, Sports M5, LSD.
Appreciate 4
      05-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #9
BEM-S4
Major General
BEM-S4's Avatar
United_States
1182
Rep
5,129
Posts

Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frKENm3 View Post
the hell? just get an actual M2
I was going to say the same they launched a performance edition last year - the M2. Scratching my head on this one.
__________________
2016 M235 xDrive Convertible • BSM / CR • BBS SR • IND • Dinan Stage 2 with CAI • MPE • Bavsound Stage 2
2016 328 xDrive Sport Wagon • BSM / SB • Dinan Stage 1 with AFE Scoop • Bavsound Stage 1
2014 328d xDrive • Bone Stock • Rarely Clean
2006 330ci • Bone Stock • Always Spotless
Appreciate 2
      05-15-2017, 09:33 PM   #10
Jono2112
Private First Class
Jono2112's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Athens, GA

iTrader: (0)

Looks great, I'll take two! But where are the ///Motorsport stripes? In alpine white, it needs the colorful stripes. Or maybe I need them. ?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #11
BMWZ4
Lieutenant Colonel
BMWZ4's Avatar
Canada
239
Rep
1,849
Posts

Drives: '15 X3 & '14 x328,'16 M235i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Are those digital gauges? Other than that, looks exactly like my 235.
__________________
'11 Z4 30i (Sold!);'11 X3 28i (Sold!); '15 M235i (Recalled/Crushed!); '15 28i X3 loaded; '14 x328i loaded & Mineral Grey '16 M235i Perf Edition, Dinan Stage 3, CAI, FMIC, Res-Delete
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #12
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
Vyruz Reaper's Avatar
United_States
88
Rep
1,069
Posts

Drives: ///M240i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sunny SoCal

iTrader: (6)

Wonder whats the price point?
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #13
AGAV13
Captain
AGAV13's Avatar
United_States
170
Rep
810
Posts

Drives: AW 135is (#363/586)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CT/NY

iTrader: (2)

Jesus, how many ///M badges can they add to a non-M? 20? 30? I guess the sky's the limit.
__________________
2013 BMW 135is - AW, Black Boston Leather w/ Exclusive Blue Stitching, Prem., Tech, DCT, Heated Seats, HK & PDC (6/8/13)
2007 Honda Civic Si FA5 - Fiji Blue Pearl (11/7/06 - 5/31/13)
Appreciate 3
      05-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #14
rightrudder
Private First Class
25
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
Wonder whats the price point?
Yeah, my thought exactly. Might be less expensive this way than buying/installing all the M pieces separately, and less hassle too.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #15
e92ben
Colonel
e92ben's Avatar
160
Rep
2,691
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kenosha Wi

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frKENm3 View Post
the hell? just get an actual M2
This is faster lol.
__________________

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #16
iMinLuv
Second Lieutenant
iMinLuv's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i M-Sport track pkg
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Attachment 1623222Global Press Release

May 15, 2017

Munich.
The desire for individualisation remains unbroken. With M Performance Parts, BMW offers sports-oriented customers the opportunity to customise their cars according to their preferences. With the new BMW M240i M Performance Edition, BMW M is now launching a special series in line with this trend. It has been designed to express the athletic appeal of the compact sport coupé even more. The Edition model already features many high-grade exterior components from the M Performance accessory program ex works. These have been harmonised with care and enhance the sporty appearance and dynamic appeal of the powerful Coupé even further. Carbon fibre or black detail parts provide distinctive contrasts to the Alpine White paintwork. The BMW M240i M Performance Edition is powered by a 250 kW/340 hp inline 6-cylinder engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo Technology (combined fuel consumption: 8.5 – 7.7 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 195 – 176 g/km)*.

Powerful statement and outstanding athleticism.
The athletic look of the compact sports coupé is highlighted especially by the large 19 inch light alloy wheels, fitted with 225/35 R19 (front) and 245/30 R19 (rear) mixed tyres. The high-quality double-spoke forged wheels are finished in bicolor Orbit Grey and have a diamond polished visible side; at the front the special edition features areodynamics parts consisting of air guides, splitter and bumper front section, whose spoiler lip is finished in matt black. The radiator grille including kidney grille bars is also in black. The partly painted rear diffuser and a carbon-fibre rear spoiler add to the car’s expressive appeal. Here, too, carbon fibre and black colours create an impressive contrast to the car’s white paintwork.

Carbon fibre tailpipe trim with embossed M logo underline the motor racing character of this edition model. Carbon fibre outside mirror caps and the side sill attachments with foiled M Performance inscription round off the dynamic appearance of the BMW M240i M Performance Edition.

Uncompromising quality and performance. All M Performance components have been developed especially for the BMW M240i incorporating the full motor sports know-how of BMW M GmbH and are perfectly harmonised with each other. Together they optimise the aerodynamic flow pattern around the car thereby optimising its handling and driving performance. The BMW M240i M Performance Edition is assembled exclusively in the BMW Leipzig plant.

Consistently sporty, with optional BMW xDrive.
The powerful BMW M240i M Performance Edition can be ordered either with a 6-speed manual gearbox or an 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission. In addition BMW xDrive is optionally available for the high performance coupé. In this case the car always comes with automatic transmission. The compact sports car boasts impressive performance figures. In conjunction with the all-wheel drive (combined fuel consumption: 8.0 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 184 g/km)* it sprints from zero to 100 km/h in only 4.4 seconds, the top speed being 250 km/h for every drive variant.

The BMW M240i M Performance Edition is limited to 750 units and will be available from July 2017.

* The fuel consumption figures were calculated based on the ECE test cycle, dependent on the choice of transmission and the configuration of the drivetrain.

Attachment 1623222

Attachment 1623223

Attachment 1623224

Attachment 1623225

Attachment 1623226

Attachment 1623227

Attachment 1623228

Attachment 1623229

Attachment 1623230

Attachment 1623231

Attachment 1623232

Attachment 1623233
Lmao you mean an M2?? How many different 2 series models do you need. M240, M2, now M240 performance edition?
__________________
340i M Sport Track Package | JB4 | Dinan Exhaust | BMS intake | CG catted 5" DP | HR sport springs | WMI | Zito Zf01 |
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #17
Jeffe
Second Lieutenant
Jeffe's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: 2015 BSM/SS M4 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: United States- Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

I know it's sacrilege, but I wish the wheels were 1" smaller. Otherwise, I really like the entire package. It's gorgeous
__________________
Current: 2017 Grand Sport (blue/white/red) 7MT
Previous: 2015 BMW M4 (BSM/SS) 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:17 PM   #18
tommytexter
Enlisted Member
tommytexter's Avatar
36
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: 435i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Waterloo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Are those digital gauges? Other than that, looks exactly like my 235.
No way in hell for a 2 series.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #19
Mr Carrots
Private First Class
21
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: M240i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Skinny tires and stick on carbon wow.

It's like BMW are ricing it for you, they could have done an ECU tune to add an extra 50 HP and given you 265s at the back, but instead you pay M2 prices for a a base car with shiny bits.
Appreciate 3
      05-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #20
M2 CSL
First Lieutenant
No_Country
239
Rep
393
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: a particular place or position

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Some find the M2 a bit too extreme as a daily driver. And the M240 probably hits the sweet spot for these people...
I understand your point in theory.

However, in reality I think whoever buys this over a M2 should see a psychologist.

Somehow, somewhere deep down inside they must not feel worthy of true M goodness.

There's something holding them back.

It's just a slightly less good M2 for the same price. M2 is just fine for a daily driver.
      05-15-2017, 10:24 PM   #21
Drpoomanchu
Lieutenant
Drpoomanchu's Avatar
United_States
143
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: AW M235i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Looks like a 4x4 with that wheel well. I would not pay the additional for the "Performance edition" which offers no gain in performance.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #22
Denk
Colonel
Denk's Avatar
United_States
365
Rep
2,826
Posts

Drives: e92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

The wheels and front bumper don't do it for me.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST