THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW M2 Discussions I think I'm starting to lose my mind.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Adem1534
Private
 
Drives: BMW 525xi
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

I think I'm starting to lose my mind.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Why, why BMW, must you torture us like this?

I have re-read the M2 discussion forums in detail over 20 times - that is not an exaggeration.

Is anyone else suffering as much as I am? I am foaming at the mouth for any more information about this car.

This may be a stupid post, but I don't know if I can make it until December for any more news.

I say December, because another member said that's when the concept reveal date may be? I'm not sure. The late production date is already enough to cry about.



Adem1534 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

Posts: 3,159
iTrader: (0)

This car is not coming this December .
__________________
Electrified
SCOTT26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Adem1534
Private
 
Drives: BMW 525xi
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
This car is not coming this December .
I know the car isn't coming until March 2016... but I was hoping for a reveal date sometime sooner. Oh well. Guess I'll have to tough it out.
Adem1534 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

Posts: 1,909
iTrader: (2)

It'll be OK, just hang in there...relief is in the near future.
Denk is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
vantagesc
Second Lieutenant
 
vantagesc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i DCT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

I've been pretty antsy as well because a ton of great cars are going to be announced next year...Cayman GT4, C36 Coupe, M2, etc.

Solution: Drive the car you have even more, i.e. go on mountain drives, hit the racetrack, etc.
vantagesc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
Mantii
Private
 
Drives: 228i M Sport
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Des Moines, IA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Same here buddy. I just got a 228i M Sport a few months back. I really wanted the m235 but since they announced the M2, I settled for the "lesser" car to save some money for the car that I really want, the M2 It is my first bimmer and absolutely love it. That's why I just can't wait for the M version of the 2 series. And this time, I'm doing it the proper way, ED ......Can't freakin wait!!
Mantii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
Reedomn
Captain
 
Reedomn's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 931
iTrader: (15)

The agony........
Attached Images
 
__________________
VO 1M
Sold- 2008 JZB/Fox E90 M3 6MT Launch car
Sold- 2004 Audi S4..Sold- 1997 Estoril e36 M3
Sold -1991 Black e34 M5..Sold-1995 Black e36 M3
Sadly Sold- Henna Red e30 M3
Reedomn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
bimmerfile
Grand Poobah
 
bimmerfile's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Cabrio & X1
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 998
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Why, why BMW, must you torture us like this?

I have re-read the M2 discussion forums in detail over 20 times - that is not an exaggeration.

Is anyone else suffering as much as I am? I am foaming at the mouth for any more information about this car.

This may be a stupid post, but I don't know if I can make it until December for any more news.

I say December, because another member said that's when the concept reveal date may be? I'm not sure. The late production date is already enough to cry about.



Dude, light up a doobie and mellow out...
__________________


..... 128i Cabrio............& ........... X1 .............
bimmerfile is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #9
red-sauerkraut
.
 
red-sauerkraut's Avatar
 
Drives: x-car/m-car
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: northern hemisphere

Posts: 3,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Why, why BMW, must you torture us like this?

I have re-read the M2 discussion forums in detail over 20 times - that is not an exaggeration.

Is anyone else suffering as much as I am? I am foaming at the mouth for any more information about this car.

This may be a stupid post, but I don't know if I can make it until December for any more news.

I say December, because another member said that's when the concept reveal date may be? I'm not sure. The late production date is already enough to cry about.



Dude, light up a doobie and mellow out...
Yes seriously smoke up and get some rest for everyone's sake.

Good Lord ~ !
__________________
LESS LIMIT. MORE SKY.
red-sauerkraut is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,650
iTrader: (1)

Just wait until it does get revealed, then you order it and have to wait months for it to arrive. That's when the real agony sets in.
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #11
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantagesc View Post
Solution: Drive the car you have even more, i.e. go on mountain drives, hit the racetrack, etc.
This is good advice.
Transfer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,674
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk
It'll be OK, just hang in there...relief is in the near future.
Yeah hand relief!!! Lmao I'm with OP this waiting is killing me!
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2014, 12:44 AM   #13
UpNcOmINg!
New Member
 
UpNcOmINg!'s Avatar
 
Drives: e82 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South Africa (JHB)

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

I am suffering in silence. I hate this wait!!!!
UpNcOmINg! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #14
Artemis
Brigadier General
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 3,284
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Why, why BMW, must you torture us like this?
I have re-read the M2 discussion forums in detail over 20 times - that is not an exaggeration.
Is anyone else suffering as much as I am? I am foaming at the mouth for any more information about this car.
This may be a stupid post, but I don't know if I can make it until December for any more news.
I say December, because another member said that's when the concept reveal date may be? I'm not sure. The late production date is already enough to cry about.

Ah, those darn first world problems...

Name:  FirstWorldProblems.png
Views: 985
Size:  868.9 KB
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      09-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #15
Adem1534
Private
 
Drives: BMW 525xi
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Ah, those darn first world problems...

Attachment 1097936
I think every tough decision/situation faced by a BMW owner is a first world problem haha
Adem1534 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
bim2er
New Member
 
bim2er's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e82 135i LeMans/Savanna
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Question Auto Show Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
This car is not coming this December .
Might Frankfurt 2015 be a more realistic guess for an auto show debut?

Last edited by bim2er; 10-01-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Clarity
bim2er is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #17
NY10
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New York

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

By the time this car comes out and is released I will be probably just be getting ready to trade in my 228i I guess I can wait until 2016 (if that's the correct info) but right now I am happy with what I've read and still just waiting for my 2015 228i
NY10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #18
Steven1077
Captain
 
Drives: F21 M135i on order
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: London England

Posts: 901
iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't be in any rush to buy one to start with, when I bought my M135 the salesman said they had already taken deposits for at least two M2's and for all we know it could be a pile of poop
Steven1077 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
miiipilot
Captain
 
miiipilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 TiAg 135i 6mt M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

I was tortured, but now got into a 2-year lease with another car. Now I am resigned that I HAVE to wait. But with a bevy of wonderful cars coming in the next 2 years...It's a smart move.

M3
M2
B9 Audis (4,5,TTrs)
RC-F
s2000 replacement

Now I need to find a short term solution to tie up some extra cash.
__________________
miiipilot 2011 135i TiAg w/Black Boston 6mt M-Sport, Premium Pkg, Value Pkg
miiipilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #20
miiipilot
Captain
 
miiipilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 TiAg 135i 6mt M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
I wouldn't be in any rush to buy one to start with, when I bought my M135 the salesman said they had already taken deposits for at least two M2's and for all we know it could be a pile of poop
No disrespect, but I have seen these sentiments here and there. What M car has been a pile of poop???

While I agree people get "used to" how 1 generation M-car works/drives/feels etc compared to another generation, but which M-car has been poop? People just need to adapt to a newer/different driving dynamic.

Why the doubt from M engineers?

that e36 318 coupe (that hatchback thingy) would be the only car in my memory that has been complete poop IMO.

Anyone else tired of the doubters?
__________________
miiipilot 2011 135i TiAg w/Black Boston 6mt M-Sport, Premium Pkg, Value Pkg
miiipilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #21
w3rkn
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 135is
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mich

Posts: 392
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
No disrespect, but I have seen these sentiments here and there. What M car has been a pile of poop???

While I agree people get "used to" how 1 generation M-car works/drives/feels etc compared to another generation, but which M-car has been poop? People just need to adapt to a newer/different driving dynamic.

Why the doubt from M engineers?

that e36 318 coupe (that hatchback thingy) would be the only car in my memory that has been complete poop IMO.

Anyone else tired of the doubters?


Why doubt the M egnineers..?
Because they are lead by non-engineers...!

And, it is not; "What M-car has been poop" ..? It was that they current M's are not well liked.. since the e46. Or, not what long-time followers envisioned/imagined they want.


People DO NOT have to adapt to newer/different driving dynamic.
Manufacturers have to provide dynamics that the people want. BMW M-division is trying to force people into a Marketing ring.. while others are waiting to see if the M2 follows suite, or breaks from the circle.

That is why soooo many people are waiting, hinged on the M2 announcements. Because for a great many... the M2 is the ONLY thing keeping people around BMW's camp. If the M2 doesn't provide, many are leaving BMW brand forever, because the 10+ year wait is killing most of us.

The 1M has been the only excitement from BMW M in 10 years.. (Thnx DR. Segler).
w3rkn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #22
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant
 
OrangeCrush's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 477
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post


Why doubt the M egnineers..?
Because they are lead by non-engineers...!

And, it is not; "What M-car has been poop" ..? It was that they current M's are not well liked.. since the e46. Or, not what long-time followers envisioned/imagined they want.


People DO NOT have to adapt to newer/different driving dynamic.
Manufacturers have to provide dynamics that the people want. BMW M-division is trying to force people into a Marketing ring.. while others are waiting to see if the M2 follows suite, or breaks from the circle.

That is why soooo many people are waiting, hinged on the M2 announcements. Because for a great many... the M2 is the ONLY thing keeping people around BMW's camp. If the M2 doesn't provide, many are leaving BMW brand forever, because the 10+ year wait is killing most of us.

The 1M has been the only excitement from BMW M in 10 years.. (Thnx DR. Segler).
Unfortunately, BMW is giving most people what they want. Remember, this is a forum full of enthusiasts and we do not represent the majority of the population. Why do you think cars keep getting bigger? People need to have/brag about their legroom...trunk space...Hell, I remember some of the original 1M owners bitching about exhaust drone, too firm of a ride, not having a garage door opener in the rear view mirror. These are the things I love about my 1M....I love that my car drones from the factory and I love that the suspension has one setting....stiff as shit. The M2 is going to have navigation standard, probably adjustable suspension, parking sensors, lane assist, garage door openers galore and I am willing to bet the exhaust will not drone and probably be too quiet...they probably will offer a performance exhaust though.
OrangeCrush is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST