THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Tenative PCD date M235

06-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tenative PCD date M235

Looks like I am being given a tenative PCD date of Aug 21st based on my production number. Man this wait has become brutal.....

Ordered M235 April 21th
Order accepted by BMW May 2nd & given a prod number (allocation availability delay)
Production started June 19th
ETA estimate on completion June 27th
PCD tenative date Aug 21st

Build:
Mineral Grey Metallic
Red Coral Leather
8-spd auto
Premium pkg
Tech pkg
Cold Weather pkg
Harman/Kardon audio
Summer PSS

That will be 4 mths from the time I ordered to when I touch it.......unbelivable. All because I decided to add the HK upgrade to my build instead of taking a car that was on the boat

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Looks like I am being given a tenative PCD date of Aug 21st based on my production number. Man this wait has become brutal.....

Ordered M235 April 21th
Order accepted by BMW May 2nd & given a prod number (allocation availability delay)
Production started June 19th
ETA estimate on completion June 27th
PCD tenative date Aug 21st

Build:
Mineral Grey Metallic
Red Coral Leather
8-spd auto
Premium pkg
Tech pkg
Cold Weather pkg
Harman/Kardon audio
Summer PSS

That will be 4 mths from the time I ordered to when I touch it.......unbelivable. All because I decided to add the HK upgrade to my build instead of taking a car that was on the boat
I don't know how you are handling the wait. I couldn't take it. I'd hate to think what would happen if I saw you at PCD. I have MY2015 with week 27 build and doing PCD.

Last edited by disco4me; 06-20-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
patbrass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB, 6MT

The whole wait has been tougher than I thought (in the case of ehagerty, it's ridiculous) but at the end of the day, we're getting such an awesome car that this will be forgotten very quickly. I, for one, will likely go thru the same whole ordeal in 3 years....hopefully for a M2 (finger crossed!).
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
gpburdell
Private
Rep
Drives: EBII M235i

Does doing PCD add significant time (1 week or more) to get your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
SweetDee
Humble Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue 2020 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell View Post
Does doing PCD add significant time (1 week or more) to get your car?
As of right now, I think it's about 7-10 days, based on my own experience. From what I understand, it's well worth the wait...here's hoping.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
In my experience, it would have added 3 weeks to my wait if I chose to do PCD.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

From what I was told by the PCD they are backed up and my date is based on my order time + estimated delivery date and the next available time slot. So you do the math....if my car is done on June 27th, when do you think it will be state side. So from that time on till Aug 21st will be wait time. That is their 1st available slot as of yesterday.

Based on my calculations that sums up to weeks not days
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
From what I was told by the PCD they are backed up and my date is based on my order time + estimated delivery date and the next available time slot. So you do the math....if my car is done on June 27th, when do you think it will be state side. So from that time on till Aug 21st will be wait time. That is their 1st available slot as of yesterday.

Based on my calculations that sums up to weeks not days
ehagerty,
My dealer requested PCD for me. At what point do I hear something to schedule a date? Can I call PC to set a date?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:17 AM   #9
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

I was told they will send you an e-mail to confirm.......might take a day or two. Have not received my confirmation yet. Below is what they send to your CA:
"

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for Mr. Eric Hagerty. Based upon the production number (0717273) of your customer’s vehicle, the earliest available date for Performance Center Delivery is 8/21/2014, your customer would arrive the evening prior.

Due to the high volume of reservation requests we receive we are only able to hold this tentative delivery date for a limited time. This tentative delivery date may be released and given to another client if we have not received a response from you within 2 business days of the date of this email.

After conferring this date with your customer, please inform us via e-mail if they can attend so we can proceed with delivery arrangements on our end. We will then send a confirmation email to your customer.

In the event your customer is unable to take advantage of this date, you have the option of canceling the reservation or you can provide us with 3 alternate days that meet your customer’s schedule. Alternate dates must fall within 10 working days (Monday thru Friday) after the original assigned date above. Again, dates are assigned according to your customer’s production number and are on a first-come-first-serve basis and Fridays are typically the first days to fill.

You should advise your customer that he/she should not make any travel arrangements until they have received a confirmation email from us and that travel arrangements should not be made more than three weeks prior to the delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, the delivery date may need to be changed prior to that three week window.

Please note and advise your customer of the following information:

ˇ The delivery program is designed for the owner and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, NO EXCEPTIONS.

ˇ Child care services are not available. If a client brings a guest under the age of 12, He/ She will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any driving activities during the day.

ˇ Pets are not allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Greenville Marriott.

European Delivery Customers

Since European Delivery customers receive a vehicle overview when they take delivery of their vehicle in Europe, a vehicle overview will not be given when they take re-delivery at the BMW Performance Center. This allows us to handle the demand for customers who have ordered their vehicle and have not received a vehicle introduction. Please make sure your European Delivery customers are aware of this information.

Accessories

Vehicle accessories can be ordered through your online option ordering tool, to be installed at the VDC. All VDC installed accessories can now be ordered through a tab called “VIA Options” (VDC Installed

Accessories). Please reference bulletin number V-13-0212-0003 for more information and to see which models qualify. The BMW Performance Center does not offer accessory installation. Accessories that cannot be installed at the port will need to be ordered and installed at your BMW Center.

Cancellations

If you need to cancel your customer’s Performance Center Delivery, please complete the cancellation form available on BMW CenterNet immediately. Please note the following two situations:

- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your BMW Center. Vehicles are normally delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to the scheduled delivery date.

- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, the vehicle will simply be re-routed to be transported to your BMW Center at no additional cost.

Thanks and we look forward to working with you and your customer!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #10
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

That is great information. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

At what point does the CA first contact PSD?...upon order, upon production ID assigned, upon production week assigned, upon production start? I have been assigned production ID and week but no word from Performance Center.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

When the factory gives you a confirmed production date. I had been in "Scheduled for production but with no confirmed date" since May 2nd so they never could schedule a apt with the PCD. You have to wait till you get that date. Mine started build 6/19 and is scheduled to be completed 6/27. So on 6/20 my CA contacted PCD
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #13
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When the factory gives you a confirmed production date. I had been in "Scheduled for production but with no confirmed date" since May 2nd so they never could schedule a apt with the PCD. You have to wait till you get that date. Mine started build 6/19 and is scheduled to be completed 6/27. So on 6/20 my CA contacted PCD
Good information. Thanks!
Appreciate 0