THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Delay in 2017 M240i Production ..........

11-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #89
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdunkyn View Post
Yeah, Buddy! Take some pics of her to tide us over!
Sorry for the election-driven delay! I took delivery late Monday night in the dark and drove it home on I-95. Needless to say, the drive, fit and finish, and tech are incredible.

Unfortunately, I only got to put about 35 miles on it (the clock only had 6 when I picked it up), because yesterday morning I took it to get clear bra (Xpel Ultra), clear coat (Ceramic Pro 9H), and tint (Suntek CXP) at All American Paint Protection. This is especially painful since I won't have the car back in my hands until Saturday, but I think it'll be worth it. In the meantime, the folks at AAPP (who have been great) have been sending me pics of the work in progress.

Before taking it in, I got up early and debadged it, and put on IND painted mirror caps and reflectors (thanks Ryan!). The license plate frame is not long for this world either. Not sure if I'll keep the painted caps on there - I ordered them since I had ordered the car with orbit grey rims and I thought it'd tie the look together. Unfortunately, they punched the order in wrong and I got ferric grey rims instead, which means the OG mirrors match (a long story, but they made it right on the back end). Let me know what you think and if it's worth reverting. Sorry for the photo angles but my driveway is incredibly narrow.

Hopefully these post in chronological order so you can see pickup, unmodified, with the IND parts and debadge, and the Xpel wrap that's in progress. I was torn on the Estoril Blue but am so glad I went with it - it really pops!

Keep the faith, you'll get yours soon!

After IND parts and debadge.

Getting Xpel today. Getting ceramic tomorrow.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 11:33 PM   #90
drdunkyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i vert

Sweet! Whatever sympathy I had for your last 2 weeks of misery has melted away into pure jealousy! I love that EB, mine's coming with the Terra instead, hope it looks as good as yours all together. I hadn't really considered the IND painted reflectors until I saw them on yours, kinda like the overall look. If you want an unsolicited opinion about the mirror covers I always go for a little contrast, so if you're keeping the ferric wheels maybe go with the silver covers. Orbit gray wheels look good with a CF cover (what I'm probably going for). Too much same-same is like the denim shirt with jeans...it all smears together.

Regardless, looks awesome, makes me yearn for the damn Otello to creep a little faster along the left side of Central America! Enjoy your sweet ride!
Appreciate 0