THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum ISTA, circuit 30F? Random discharge? car won't shut off?

01-23-2024, 02:42 PM   #1
Jaynen
Rep
Drives: M235 Xdrive convertible, F350

ISTA, circuit 30F? Random discharge? car won't shut off?

So I blew a charge pipe about 2-3 months ago. I decided since the charge pipe broke I would replace the charge pipe, intercooler, turbo inlet, and outlet to get rid of all the plastic. It took me a couple months to do this and while I was doing it I had the car in the garage with the battery disconnected. Once I got everything done now the car kept giving me the battery discharging while stopped message. I kept having issues with the old battery (it was an OEM one so I thought maybe it was original) not holding a charge so bought a new 96AH AGM slightly larger than the 92AH stocker in the convertible. This one is also draining and I spent a lot of time getting ISTA running and the codes are like circuit 30F unexpected wake etc.

1) now that I have ISTA where do I find the right test to run people mention a powermanagement test but I have not seen anything specific
2) with the 30f circuit error codes I have not found anything in ISTA telling me what to do about it just that it happened
3) the battery was reset/coded in bimmerlink but then I did it again in ISTA just in case

I am tempted to just replace the IBS but nothing has told me that this is the problem yet? The start/stop button light stays on which is indicative of the circuit not shutting down from other threads.
Appreciate 0