THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Arm Rest Padding

06-23-2017, 09:41 PM   #23
Nyorky2428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Not sure why you'd not have two hands on the wheel other than pure laziness.
Blow a front tire and you are going to be fucked, and maybe even kill somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
No problem with a manual transmission, left hand is always on the wheel and right in near the shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorky2428 View Post
That's how I drive too, but I'll have my elbow on the armrest and hold the wheel at either 9 or 7 o'clock
Have had that happen with one hand on the wheel, safely navigated to a stop on the side of the road without issue
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #24
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Exclamation

Wow. Not smart.

That is pathetic you seriously should realize that. Life is not a video game, there is no reset. Wait until it happens when you least expect it, and you wreck your car, and or kill yourself or somebody else in the process.

Quote:
Have had that happen with one hand on the wheel, safely navigated to a stop on the side of the road without issue
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #25
Nyorky2428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Wow. Not smart.

That is pathetic you seriously should realize that. Life is not a video game, there is no reset. Wait until it happens when you least expect it, and you wreck your car, and or kill yourself or somebody else in the process.

Quote:
You seem to be assuming that I only use one hand all the time. Obviously I use the second hand immediately when an issue were to arise.

And thanks for the epiphany that life isn't a video game, I never realized that! Learn something new every day...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 10:16 PM   #26
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I made no assumptions, you were nothing but general.

Peace /

Quote:
You seem to be assuming that I only use one hand all the time. Obviously I use the second hand immediately when an issue were to arise.

And thanks for the epiphany that life isn't a video game, I never realized that! Learn something new every day...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #27
ExZHP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i MSport

Lack of grab handles doesn't bother me the least. I never used them on any cars that have them on a driver side, and I don't care for my passengers using them

The lack of extendable visors, now that's another story.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #28
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
This strikes me as very BMW. They want you to keep your hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel and so they design the wheel in such a way as to make that comfortable. They don't want you to keep your left hand at 7 or 9 and so they don't pad the arm rest well enough to make that comfortable. I tried to keep my elbow on the arm rest and indeed, that only works if your hand is in the "wrong" position. They are not being cheap, they are just trying to help you to behave like a proper German.
Sure the 10/2 hands position on the wheel are preferable, and I always do them when driving spiritedly. But that's for short distances; when doing 1,000 km trips I tend to lower my hands so they don't hurt... Also, I lower the seat to its bottom-most elevation - this make it possible to have my BOTH hands supported by the door's and center console's arm rests, which I do for very long stretches (of time and distance) - and I never felt uncomfortable with them... Sure the door arm rest is harder, but not too hard for me.

Also - even with MT - on motorways, there are long stretches where you're at the highest gear and have no need for shifting. So the situation with MT doesn't differ much from AT in this regard. Cheers

Piotr
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0