THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery East Coast Delivery Time

02-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

East Coast Delivery Time

Hi all...

As my sig says, I just placed an order for a 2017 BMW M240I vert in Estoril Blue with Moonlight Black soft top, CWP, DA pkg, M/T RWD.

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this bad boy!

I ordered 2/22/17 (dealer had allocation).

What are realistic delivery times for east coast USA? New York?

Can I get this in 6 weeks or less?

Thanks!

By the way, for those interested (I did a lot of research beforehand so I'm one of those who would be interested).
I leased the car 36/12k. I have fleet. In NY, we cannot leave MSD's.
My research led me to believe that 7% off MSRP is a good price for these cars/any BMW, so I negotiated that minus my fleet discount.
MSRP: $52,495
Buying price: $47,320
Came to:
$654/mo - tax/bank fee included (capped)
1st+DMV+$75 doc fee at signing

How'd I do?

Last edited by brunoranger; 02-27-2017 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 Competition

I can't speak to east coast but as a data point, I ordered mine on Jan 10th. BMW tracker says it arrived at the dealer this weekend in Dallas. Going by that, if it really is at the dealer, it was 48 days. The ship leaving Germany appeared to stop in the UK, Barcelona then went straight to Galveston. It arrived in Galveston 6 days ago.

I think 6 weeks is cutting it pretty close.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
accendo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 ///M240i xDrive

I'm down in DC and ordered back on February 4th. My CA said 6-8 weeks, which is what it was when I ordered my last one three years ago.

It should be getting on a boat out of Bremmerhaven today or tomorrow, so it looks like it will be about right on the timing if it does.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Depends on when you start production but yes 6 weeks is doable. Corporate can speed that up a little bit for special circumstances / VIP whatever but that aside it should be doable.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
mattc1176
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i

You can track it every step of the way on BMW site, plus calling the # on there to speak with someone who can give you more up to date statuses. Once you find out what ship you're on there are sites you can track it on all the way to the port in Newark. Once it docks you just have to annoy your CA and they can try and get pickup ASAP. It was about 8 weeks from order to delivery in NJ.

It's a tough wait, but kinda fun tracking it from start to finish. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
I ordered mine on Nov 12th, it was @ the dealer Jan 17th.

Last edited by WolfGTI; 02-28-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #7
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

I ordered mine 1/26. Started production 2/20. Scheduled to finish 3/1. I'm in NY, so I'm expecting very end of March, first week of April. Six weeks to New York is possible if everything aligns perfectly, but I'd bank on closer to eight.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks all, especially fellow NY'ers. End of April I presume. I just have to be patient
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 04:31 PM   #9
JerrySch
Rep
Drives: M240i Manual Convertible

My 240i 6MT Convertible is almost ready to be picked up!

Ordered from Circle BMW in Eatontown 12/22. Got production order number the following week. Called the 800 number daily for status updates. Production completed 01/31. Released to carrier (for trip to port) 02/07. 02/09 - Awaiting ship assignment at port. 02/18 - in transit on ship. A couple of stops in Europe and then a stop in Halifax before sailing to Port Elizabeth. Arrived in NJ 02/23. Waiting for delivery to dealer. Hope to pick it up this week. 9 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #10
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Boxster 718/982

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoranger View Post
Hi all...

As my sig says, I just placed an order for a 2017 BMW M240I vert in Estoril Blue with Moonlight Black soft top, CWP, DA pkg, M/T RWD.

Thanks!

By the way, for those interested (I did a lot of research beforehand so I'm one of those who would be interested).
My research led me to believe that 7% off MSRP is a good price for these cars/any BMW, so I negotiated that minus my fleet discount.
Came to:

How'd I do?
Congrats on your new car!
Not wanting to be the bringer of bad news, specially since I'm in the same situation as you - with a 240 convertible ordered - but this is what I got from my sales guy a week or two ago: (see picture below.)

My 240 conv. was ordered late December, I got my production number in January, and was scheduled to be manufactured in the last week of Feb/first week of March.
That is definitely not happening.
If I'm lucky - I can catch a spot (maybe) in the first week when production is supposed to resume - in late April/early May.
Maybe your situation is different, but I'd ask the sales guy/gal to look into this.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #11
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.zed
Quote:
Hi all...

Thanks!

Came to:

How'd I do?
Not wanting to be the bringer of bad news, specially since I'm in the same situation as you - with a 240 convertible ordered - but this is what I got from my sales guy a week or two ago: (see picture below.)

My 240 conv. was ordered late December, I got my production number in January, and was scheduled to be manufactured in the last week of Feb/first week of March.
If I'm lucky - I can catch a spot (maybe) in the first week when production is supposed to resume - in late April/early May.
Maybe your situation is different, but I'd ask the sales guy/gal to look into this.

If that's the case and you've got a time crunch due to lease turn in or whatever you dealer should be able to give you something to drive FOC for a few months do it all the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #12
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
If that's the case and you've got a time crunch due to lease turn in or whatever you dealer should be able to give you something to drive FOC for a few months do it all the time.
Well that sucks if that's the case.

I got my production number immediately and called yesterday and they said scheduled for build 3/12. So I'm confused. I'll touch base with my dealer though. Thanks!

Hopefully not...

Edit: called BMW Genius and they said they have no record of any delay in production and/or any of that information. So that's weird...

Last edited by brunoranger; 03-01-2017 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #13
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Edit: called BMW Genius and they said they have no record of any delay in production and/or any of that information. So that's weird...
I hope you are right. In that case I would have my car on time too
Going to the dealer anyway this week to order my wife's car (F30) so I will check into this again.
We don't have the ability to track orders here in Canada the way you guys in the US do, but I did see my production number and (initially) scheduled production week on my sales guy's screen when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

The document I took a screenshot from is a BMW Canada "Production Memo" - that was dated January 31st, 2017.

If you do find out something - let us know. Not too many of us here with convertibles "on order".
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #14
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.zed View Post
Going to the dealer anyway this week to order my wife's car (F30) so I will check into this again.
We don't have the ability to track orders here in Canada the way you guys in the US do, but I did see my production number and (initially) scheduled production week on my sales guy's screen when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

The document I took a screenshot from is a BMW Canada "Production Memo" - that was dated January 31st, 2017.

If you do find out something - let us know. Not too many of us here with convertibles "on order".
I definitely will. Being a M/T, there are literally 0 in the USA I've been told. So I have to stick with my order.

Maybe you being in Canada has something to do with it? In a week and a half/two weeks I should have an update on build and that will tell me more.

I called my dealer too and they said they didn't get a bulletin like that or have any knowledge of any delays. Additionally, they said if there was at the time of order it would have told them.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #15
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoranger
Quote:

I definitely will. Being a M/T, there are literally 0 in the USA I've been told. So I have to stick with my order.

Maybe you being in Canada has something to do with it? In a week and a half/two weeks I should have an update on build and that will tell me more.

I called my dealer too and they said they didn't get a bulletin like that or have any knowledge of any delays. Additionally, they said if there was at the time of order it would have told them.
If you get impatient you can have them call corporate. Aside from the information that's available to you if you call, there's a ton of additional data they have access to.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #16
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoranger
Quote:

If you get impatient you can have them call corporate. Aside from the information that's available to you if you call, there's a ton of additional data they have access to.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update:

A few days ago BMW and the BMW USA website told me my car was scheduled for production the week of 3/12.

I checked today - and called, and it already began production. They said it may have to do with my dealer having allocation already which is why it began so fast.

Either way, I'm stoked! They said 4-5 weeks it will be at the dealer from this point. Can't wait!

I guess that puts to bed any delays in production, as well.
      03-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #18
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I checked today - and called, and it already began production.
Cool! Lucky you!
I just found out yesterday mine will be week 14 production (April). Ordered in December...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #19
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Cool! Lucky you!
I just found out yesterday mine will be week 14 production (April). Ordered in December...
It must have something to do with allocation and/or you being in Canada compared to my US.

I'm not sure but either way I'm sorry that sucks that would kill me.
      03-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #20
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:

Have you heard any word more on this? I just got bit by it today.

I ordered a 230ix convertible last night and today, I got notified by my dealer that production on new orders has been halted till 4/1 on 2 series convertibles because of fire damage to a supplier. He had no time frame to give me other than to say that BMW was hoping to take new orders on 4/1. He did say the issue was the boot cover. The supplier made boot covers and there's a shortage now.

I hope they go get back on their feet sooner rather than later.. because not that my car has been ordered with the dealer, I want it yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #21
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Have you heard any word more on this? I just got bit by it today.
Nothing new. We were in last week at the dealer to order my wife's 330e - but no news.

This fire happened sometime in January, so whatever cabs got manufactured in February - were just to use-up whatever stock they had of the softtops (or covers - as you said).

My initial production week was supposed to be February 22, and got pushed back to week 14 (first week of April). I heard the same thing as you did - convertible production restarts "hopefully" in week 14.
The same memo from BMW that I pasted the picture says that BMW will make an effort to catch up with production/orders. This may mean a few extra days of 'vert' production, hopefully.
The bad thing for us up here in Canada is that BMW Canada is still in the 18th century and we can't even look up the order status online. We have to beg the sales reps for any updates

If you DO find out anything - please update here
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #22
brunoranger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update: Car finished build 3/15 and is on a train to Bremerhaven as per BMW Genius.

3 weeks from order to completely built!