THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2 at the Canadian International Auto Show?

02-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #23
Wheelwright
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)

I just came back from the motorshow and M235i area was the most crowded (not bad considering a couple of M cars were accessible). There was a salesman dedicated to M235i crowd control who was opening it up only occasionally claiming "it was vandalized yesterday". I barely snuck-in any seat time. The car was pretty much what I expected: similar to 4-series in quality, look & feel which is obviously a plus.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #24
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

Just got back from autoshow too. Well told a salesman I am in market for a 2 series, did the walk around on car and opened it for seat time. Overall, this is a nice machine! I could have Estoril blue colour, although EBII I have seen is the blue I would want. As mentioned in some posts, for some reason the wheels look small on it 18inch, 19's would be better. I was surprised there was Bridgestone Potenza REO50A on the car on display. I asked the salesman why not Michelin PSS? He said the first batch of M235i will be Potenzas???? I had these orig on my 1 series and they are garbage. Switched two summer ago to PSS and diff is night and day. I hope he is wrong. Mirror caps in grey, I dont like would want body colour. Otherwise the rest of it is perfect. Now time for a test drive as soon as it lands at dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #25
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Thanks for the photos. I was hoping I'd be able to see it in MG at the show, but at least it looks like there are a few MG cars there for a color check.

(PS I would not recommend giving up your day job for a career in photography )!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #26
Cosa Nostra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post
Going to auto show Sunday from london. Any good parking for this downtown ? Does mtcc have underground parking or nearby?
Park at Roy Thomson hall for $16 - really safe and close to the show.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #27
Esteban15
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 Volvo C30

thanks for the blue picture...looks great...Also some say order with the 19 inch wheels
that doesnt' appear to be an option from what I can see on any order sheets.....you would have to go after market..if someone believes you can order these wheels at the time of order..please inform us.????..I see nothing to say you can either on the dealers computer order or BMW web site..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #28
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Short notes:

M235i EBII is a great colour for that car. I wasn't sure if it would look well on a smaller car, but it does. Plus the colour highlights the hood creases very well. There are 4 creases on the hood. When I previously saw photos of white, especially from the rear, I thought I was taken with white. But now I think EBII or a similar non-black/white would look good. I think they would hide the 2 creases closer to the center as they are more subtle. The proportions are very good and the car does not look stubby in any way at all. The rear and rear diffusor are excellent ( the part I was worried about the most). The rear diffusor from photos look quite flat, but in reality is quite three dimensional, with subtle curves. It looks good and well thought out. My worry was it was a flat, essentially unengineered, slab. It is not. The wheels are fine for me as long as they are 18" and square ( for track use ).

The M3/M4's. As I should have expected, for the most part, the same as the 3/4series in layout and most of the interior pieces. So generally the feel is the same. That disappointed me a bit, since there's a lot of hype on the M3/M4 forum. My guess is most of those raving about it, haven't sat in a current gen 3/4series. Or maybe my expectations were higher/overhyped. Perhaps the leather dash option would look more upscale. The seats are nice and just as comfortable as the normal 3/4 series. The side bolsters were adjustable which is key for me. Manual shifter had the same feel I was use to from my other rides. That's about all I have for a static review. I'm sure it performs like an animal though...