THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Is my car a lemon?

08-11-2017, 10:52 PM   #23
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
So it took me almost 2 hrs (traffic) after work to go pick up the car. Got here (at dealer now), went on a drive with the SA because the foreman had left for the day and asked that I go on a drive with someone here to confirm. Before I left the dealership, I turned the steering wheel and the noise is still there. They said that they put in some felt tape for the 2 trim pieces that snap together and that solved the rattling noise. Now when turn the steering wheel I get a resistance. I can actually feel something inside that's making it a tiny bit harder to turn.

Edit: took car home. Awaiting BMWNA's decision before I push much further with legal actions. This is just ridiculous.
So why did they make you go if the noise is still there ?

Do they even know where the noise is coming from? Did you ask them if it is the rack?
I don't know. I think they were test driving it at high speeds and with music and/or AC on. It's not loud enough to hear over that. I used to be quite loud but has been tamed a bit. Show to SA and he agreed it's there. Showed to service manager and he was pretending like it's not there. He said "well there are certain noises that are acceptable. Also, you need to drive it and not at a stand still." I said fine let's go on a drive. Drove him in the parking lot and even when we were moving the noise was there when I turned the steering wheel to the left. That's been the exact same problem I brought it in 6 times ago. Also, I can feel the steering having resistance because of the felt tape they put inside. That and a slight clunky noise.

At the end of the day they told me to take it home and wait for BMW's decision.
That sucks.

The clunk is either the tie rods or the rack. There is not much other thing if they already replaced the column shafts
Appreciate 0