THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Headlight with Yellow tone on DLR

06-13-2023, 10:21 PM   #1
viruzck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Headlight with Yellow tone on DLR

Hello, I bought this crashed car, it is finally completely repaired and with everything working without problems, except for the right headlight that has a yellow tone in the daytime running light.

The crash was mostly on the right side and the right headlight was destroyed so I bought a used one but it always came out with a yellow tint

Right Replace

Left Original

I have now bought a new pair of used headlights from a M235i of which again I have the same problem, only the right headlight DLR looks yellow

Actual headlight:

Actual Right:

Actual Left:

I already did the tests replacing the LED modules with new ones but the problem persists, in fact the angel eyes seem to be fine.

I already did the recognition procedure for the new headlight module with ISTA+, resetting the LED modules, but the problem persists.

From what I could see, the led that feeds the daytime driving lights is not possible to replace, but could it also be that I have a voltage problem in that wiring? Anyway no DTC errors recorded.

I would really appreciate your help in advance, I think the last thing I need to do is do the software update procedure for all the modules, which will be done at the dealership next week.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 09:15 PM   #2
harma24
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Glacier Silver

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I could be mistaken, but I believe this is related to a low voltage issue. It could be that the wiring has been compromised.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 02:39 PM   #3
viruzck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harma24 View Post
I could be mistaken, but I believe this is related to a low voltage issue. It could be that the wiring has been compromised.
Yes, I think it is most likely, but how can I validate the voltage of the headlight connector? So, where can I get the electrical diagram?
Appreciate 0