THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 235 Convertible Arriving in U.S. This Week

02-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #133
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollini View Post
Had a play in our convertible yesterday then put it into the showroom as we have a 220d m sport on demo to drive.

I have on loan a new 3 series 320d m sport. I'm disappointed in the slow start off and have to drove in sport mode to make it at least as snappy as my 116i. I cannot wait for my 220i convertible to arrive. The diesel is noisy as well and being a convertible it would be usually a fun type weekend car. I would go with petrol every time.
      03-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #134
SmoWilly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Picking up my 235i convertible next week

Hello all from Colorado...picking up my 235 convertible next week...first entrance into the BMW world and convertible world.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #135
angelbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: V.O. 228i

Should've taken a photo, but I was driving past the BMW dealer today and they were unloading a 228i vert. Although closed on Sunday, we wanted to get a closer look. Luckily, they were nice enough to let us look and open it and get close. Metallic white with a black top. (Unsure why, but the top color was an additional $100). Car was really loaded and when my wife's lease is up, this will be near the top of the list. Now if they could only do something about two things: the price (yeah right) and that blind spot.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #136
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
Should've taken a photo, but I was driving past the BMW dealer today and they were unloading a 228i vert. Although closed on Sunday, we wanted to get a closer look. Luckily, they were nice enough to let us look and open it and get close. Metallic white with a black top. (Unsure why, but the top color was an additional $100). Car was really loaded and when my wife's lease is up, this will be near the top of the list. Now if they could only do something about two things: the price (yeah right) and that blind spot.
What blind spot as you drive looking ahead and use the camera and mirrors for the rear. It's a convertible which are all the same.
      03-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #137
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

That switch on the console makes the blind spot go away :-)

Actually, though, the rear side windows and lack of a B pillar makes the top-up visability considerably better than in my Miata.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #138
angelbones
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacampbe View Post
That switch on the console makes the blind spot go away :-)

Actually, though, the rear side windows and lack of a B pillar makes the top-up visability considerably better than in my Miata.
Obviously top down will remove the blind spot, but in Florida, you have to be prepared at all times for sudden rain shower. The blind spot's not excessive (relative had a 1998 Firebird convertible, which had a horrendous blind spot), but after coming from a hardtop Lexus convertible, it is a considerable difference. Also my wife and I also owned a Miata hardtop convertible which had a very minimal blind spot. Not expecting hardtop convertible levels of blind spot, but something closer to say an E-series softtop. It's designed with a minimal amounts of blinds spots for a vert. Believe me, I'm not taking anything away from the product as is, but just posting, hoping that a designer would take note for future updates.

As a side note, anyone know why the extra $100 for the top? I built one in black and also in tan, yet it added $100 to my build.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #139
angelbones
Private First Class
Rep

Since this has been a long vert thread, thought I'd add this. As noted a couple posts ago, we saw one yesterday at the dealer. Right near that dealer is a Ford dealer. Just for the hell of it, we stopped there to look at a Mustang convertible. Back to back, you can really see and feel a difference in quality. It really is very intangible to describe, but needless to say, despite several positives to the convertible Mustang, it just didn't compare in quality feel (not saying it doesn't actually have better or equal quality, I'm only talking about that intangible "feel"). Anyway bodes well for BMW when my wife's lease is up.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #140
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post

As a side note, anyone know why the extra $100 for the top? I built one in black and also in tan, yet it added $100 to my build.
The standard black top has no upcharge; when you build it I think if you don't select any top that's what you'll see. The "moonlight black" top and the "brown soft top with silver effects" are $100 upcharges.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #141
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@BMWMTKISCO View Post
No info has been handed to dealers yet about the M235i xDrive Convertible
Mike, any word on when the dealers will have pricing and ordering guides for the 235 xdrive convertible? Production is scheduled to start in July, so based on the timing of past new model introductions one would think that BMWUSA would be releasing the pricing and ordering guides right about now. Or perhaps the July SOP is the start of all MY 2016 2 series builds? (if this is the case, based on past years, one would think they would still be releasing the guides right about now). A 235 xdrive convertible was displayed at the Geneva auto show...I assume there will be one displayed in New York?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #142
M_Proper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Just took delivery on my 235i ragtop 10 days ago. This car is awesome.

Posted some pics in my first thread.
Appreciate 0