THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M235i vs EB Mustang ...?

Closed Thread

07-24-2014, 12:16 AM   #133
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
They say the biggest nutcases make the best shrinks, so you must be freaking Freud, but I'm going to pass.
hahahaha so true.. 120/hr for 2 hours doesn't counter either :X
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #134
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Ford's very clever marketing tactic

First off. I am a fan of Ford more than any of the other American manufacturers. In fact, the only American built cars i've owner are Fords.

That said. What are the chances Ford is conducting an information warfare marketing attack on Bimmerpost? Multiple different people, most of them with join dates within the last year, pushing for comparisons of the new 2015 Mustang. When one thread dies down, a new one starts up from a "different" member. M235 vs. EB, M4 vs. GT...Coincidence? I think not. OK, so this is kind of in jest. But it sure seems like a clever tactic. The seeds of doubt planted in the heads of Bimmer drivers. How many Mustang test drives would it yield?

Just a funny thought I had.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #135
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Seriously. I think we got one or two 2 vs A/S3 threads total, which is a comparable car in many ways...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #136
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Seriously, why are there so many Mustang vs 2 Series on here? There's other comparable cars but I don't see people making threads on those...why does the Mustang keep coming up?
      07-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #137
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

The latest thread isn't even comparing a 2 series lol
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #138
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

The Mustang is cool for what it is...a retro iconic American car. I don't think they should even compare the two. I dont think they are really in the same market demographic. There is more to buying a car than a price tag.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #139
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium
First off. I am a fan of Ford more than any of the other American manufacturers. In fact, the only American built cars i've owner are Fords.

That said. What are the chances Ford is conducting an information warfare marketing attack on Bimmerpost? Multiple different people, most of them with join dates within the last year, pushing for comparisons of the new 2015 Mustang. When one thread dies down, a new one starts up from a "different" member. M235 vs. EB, M4 vs. GT...Coincidence? I think not. OK, so this is kind of in jest. But it sure seems like a clever tactic. The seeds of doubt planted in the heads of Bimmer drivers. How many Mustang test drives would it yield?

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #140
aspensilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540I E39

Some BMW buyers are considering a Ford for the first time. The new GT looks like a game changer. Look at some of the discussions here, lots of people want performance, an LSD, and race seats like Recaro. Ford is offering these with a hugely upgraded interior and exterior. If you like performance but care a little less about "exclusivity" (as if a 2 series is exclusive) than the new Mustang is a great choice.

BMW isn't offering standard LSD, optional recaros, cloth or leather seats, and huge performance starting at around 33K. These are things BMW owners want but BMW isn't offering them. BMW has become primarily a luxury brand now, rather than luxury/sport. You can get bluetooth, nav, heated and cooled seats, blind spot detectors, all the gadgets typically associated with a luxury car on a Mustang GT. There is less seperating them now than ever.

We still don't know whether the driving position will be as nice as a BMW (my favorite part of BMW) and the auto trans is an outdated 6 speed, but the GT will easily outperform any non M car for less than the price of a 228 while offering tons of awesome optional gadgets and much improved styling/refinements.

Take the tinfoil hats off, look around at reality. Maybe you still don't want the GT but maybe you can see why others are so interested.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #141
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspensilver View Post
Take the tinfoil hats off, look around at reality. Maybe you still don't want the GT but maybe you can see why others are so interested.
Look at the name of this site... 2addicts. I don't give a crap if people want to buy a Ford. I don't go to their dealerships and protest. I just think it is odd that a few people seem hell bent on shoving the stupid car down our throats. They start a thread, people say meh not really interested, we want a small car, had Fords before, don't care for them, and that isn't good enough for the OP. Convinced we just don't know any better, they must hammer down the reasons why we should be concerned. It's ridiculous.

If they want to worship the new Mustang, great. Do it on the Mustang forums, where everyone wants to talk about Mustangs.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #142
VeryBadman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i & Lexus NX300

Honestly, I'm getting tired of stating this again and over again. If performance and straight line speed are all of what you are looking for, American muscle cars are the way to go. However, most of people who consider something like BMW, Mercedes, or Audi are obviously looking for luxury for the first priority and those car companies clearly have to run the business to make money so they have to build a car to satisfy the majority of their customers, not some much smaller demographic who care so much about getting of the traffic light faster than anyone else.

That's why comparing Mustang with 2 Series or M cars making no sense. They are built to satisfy different demographics and only few people actually cross shop between entry level BMW and Ford and the reason they do mostly comes down to the limitation in their funding so they try to make the most out of it. People who truly want to buy BMW M cars don't even consider Ford for another choice either. They will be more likely considering among BMW M, Mercedes AMG and Audi RS.
      07-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #143
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspensilver
Some BMW buyers are considering a Ford for the first time. The new GT looks like a game changer. Look at some of the discussions here, lots of people want performance, an LSD, and race seats like Recaro. Ford is offering these with a hugely upgraded interior and exterior. If you like performance but care a little less about "exclusivity" (as if a 2 series is exclusive) than the new Mustang is a great choice.

BMW isn't offering standard LSD, optional recaros, cloth or leather seats, and huge performance starting at around 33K. These are things BMW owners want but BMW isn't offering them. BMW has become primarily a luxury brand now, rather than luxury/sport. You can get bluetooth, nav, heated and cooled seats, blind spot detectors, all the gadgets typically associated with a luxury car on a Mustang GT. There is less seperating them now than ever.

We still don't know whether the driving position will be as nice as a BMW (my favorite part of BMW) and the auto trans is an outdated 6 speed, but the GT will easily outperform any non M car for less than the price of a 228 while offering tons of awesome optional gadgets and much improved styling/refinements.

LSD is standard on M cars. So are some really good seats. Plus they are all lighter than the new GT.
Plus this has been this way for years so why should it be any different now.

Personally I don't buy the notion that many BMW owners are considering Ford now.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #144
abp689
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi Wagon,330ZHP, 318Ti (MT)

I started the first Mustang thread on here and don't work for Ford (I'm an engineer though). I have only owned BMW's and had planned to buy a new 335 or stretch into an M. But the 335 felt like an upscale Buick and not excited about the new M4 or Mercedes. The Audi is interesting though. Then the 235 came out which seems like it could be a fun car.

I have never owned an American car for most of the reasons mentioned here. However, I like the moves Ford has made of the last couple of years. And it is an American company. While my job does not directly depend on how the big 3 perform, why would I not support an American firm if they have a good product. The new mustang looks great and may be a solid upgrade from the last unit.

I had assumed that there would be some Ford trashing on a dedicated BMW forum, but the level of discourse on here has been a bit disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #145
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

I too like the look of the new Mustang, but that's the end of it. I have stated I will never consider a ford after having owned some that turned into bricks and my family going through the same thing.

Stating the above is one thing... Being told I'm ignoring the truth and I'm blind to the facts is just silly. These posters going on and on about Ford and pushing the Mustang clearly work for Ford's marketing team and they're horrible at their job. Please ban if they don't start being constructive in other areas of the forum.

We're all done talking about Ford.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #146
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

If you are strictly talking about performance, both straight line and cornering, you are fooling yourself if you don't think there are better cars out there for cheaper. Brand cachet weighs heavily in most peoples' decisions.
      07-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #147
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Damn it guys. The last thing I ever wanted on this thread was a comparo. There are multiple practically identical threads already doing that.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #148
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Not a damn given
      07-28-2014, 02:02 AM   #149
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post

Once again... you are an egomaniac ..& cannot help yourself.

Please excuse this fella, he is so full of himself, that when unable to retort, or rebuttal, & he ad-hom's himself into a discussion. Proof is in his post history. 1Addicts wasn't even a part of BP & before that, I had a 2004 330ci.. stop trolling. Give your ego a rest.

Coincidence..?

Of coarse it is a coincidence.. as there are many... many BMW guys on the Mustang forums right now... all questioning the same things posted here... Mustang -VS- 2&4-series
ergo: It is not a coincidence to someone who can figure it out.

Lastly, BMW is in a new era... & there is a lot of decent.
And many see BMW catering to a different crowd now, different than the past enthusiast (purist) that followed engineering not fluff. Understand, many long-time BMW enthusiasts do not like the //M being over-marketed. ie: Many would prefer a 235is over the hyped m235i..

Here is a funny thought: The new s550 Mustang will be compared to many RWD sports cars, BMW 2 & 4 Series being one of them...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 02:16 AM   #150
aspensilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540I E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
LSD is standard on M cars. So are some really good seats. Plus they are all lighter than the new GT.
Plus this has been this way for years so why should it be any different now.
I wasn't comparing M cars at all. The GT compared to a 235/228. Still stands that BMW isn't offering standard LSD, optional recaros, cloth or leather seats, and huge performance starting at around 33K. These are things some BMW/performance enthusiasts want but BMW isn't offering them.

Quote:
Personally I don't buy the notion that many BMW owners are considering Ford now.

I agree in general, most look for a badge, hence why BMW has softened to cater them and profited heavily. But I think there is a small segment of enthusiast drivers put off by this (you hear this a lot on forums I'm sure) and some of us are considering other solutions in the price range. A well optioned GT is 235I territory with a lot more performance and plenty of gadgets. Should be considered, IMO. I'm not 100% yet, going to drive the stang first before deciding 235I vs. GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post

If they want to worship the new Mustang, great. Do it on the Mustang forums, where everyone wants to talk about Mustangs.

There are lots of comparo discussions between the 235I on mustang6g.com
If you can't handle the threads here, just skip them.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 02:52 AM   #151
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep

The thing you guys don't seem to get is that if anyone disagrees with you, you immediately call them wrong and a second-class poster on these forums. Please go away. That type of attitude is not welcome anywhere. Go. Away.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2014, 02:55 AM   #152
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspensilver View Post
I wasn't comparing M cars at all. The GT compared to a 235/228. Still stands that BMW isn't offering standard LSD, optional recaros, cloth or leather seats, and huge performance starting at around 33K. These are things some BMW/performance enthusiasts want but BMW isn't offering them.
Please share and quote where BMW enthusiasts have asked for huge performance starting at around 33k. Don't worry. I'll wait.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #153
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Pot calling the kettle black. The only thing i'm guilty of here is being unable to ignore your barrage of psuedo-psycholgocal posts. Where you continuously publicly diagnose peoples psychological problems. Please w3rkn, rather than just continuously calling me an egomaniac. Provide some examples. I disagree with your post, so that makes me an egomaniac?

You say proof is in my post history. Lets look back to 2009 at my posts. Now lets look back to late 2013 at your posts. Simple doing that will show that you have a very simple and clear agenda...and I am here to try and be a productive member of the forum.

I started this thread after someone posted an M4 vs. Mustang GT thread on a 2 series forum...it seemed odd, and out of place. Almost as if there is a hidden agenda. How does that make me an ego maniac? Thing is, I m 100% certain you won't respond to that question, because you can't make the correlation. I also guarantee you won't post some examples of both of our post history, since they invalidate your argument.

I'm not here to argue or start fights. But some people just bring the worst out of everyone. When you are walking up to the water cooler at work, people don't flee because they have quenched their thirst..it's because they see you coming and don't want to hear your psychological evaluation of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post

Once again... you are an egomaniac ..& cannot help yourself.

Please excuse this fella, he is so full of himself, that when unable to retort, or rebuttal, & he ad-hom's himself into a discussion. Proof is in his post history. 1Addicts wasn't even a part of BP & before that, I had a 2004 330ci.. stop trolling. Give your ego a rest.

Coincidence..?

Of coarse it is a coincidence.. as there are many... many BMW guys on the Mustang forums right now... all questioning the same things posted here... Mustang -VS- 2&4-series
ergo: It is not a coincidence to someone who can figure it out.

Lastly, BMW is in a new era... & there is a lot of decent.
And many see BMW catering to a different crowd now, different than the past enthusiast (purist) that followed engineering not fluff. Understand, many long-time BMW enthusiasts do not like the //M being over-marketed. ie: Many would prefer a 235is over the hyped m235i..

Here is a funny thought: The new s550 Mustang will be compared to many RWD sports cars, BMW 2 & 4 Series being one of them...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #154
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
Pot calling the kettle black. The only thing i'm guilty of here is being unable to ignore your barrage of psuedo-psycholgocal posts. Where you continuously publicly diagnose peoples psychological problems. Please w3rkn, rather than just continuously calling me an egomaniac. Provide some examples. I disagree with your post, so that makes me an egomaniac?

You say proof is in my post history. Lets look back to 2009 at my posts. Now lets look back to late 2013 at your posts. Simple doing that will show that you have a very simple and clear agenda...and I am here to try and be a productive member of the forum.

I started this thread after someone posted an M4 vs. Mustang GT thread on a 2 series forum...it seemed odd, and out of place. Almost as if there is a hidden agenda. How does that make me an ego maniac? Thing is, I m 100% certain you won't respond to that question, because you can't make the correlation. I also guarantee you won't post some examples of both of our post history, since they invalidate your argument.

I'm not here to argue or start fights. But some people just bring the worst out of everyone. When you are walking up to the water cooler at work, people don't flee because they have quenched their thirst..it's because they see you coming and don't want to hear your psychological evaluation of them.

Bro.. listen to yourself..

What seems odd, & out of place is for you to storm a -VERSES- thread, and claim intellectual superiority... but forgetting to stay on topic, without even mentioning 1 spec, of either car.. offering instead emotional rants.

Secondly, You started this thread, didn't you....? Extremely odd that you see conspiracies, but can't conceive of a person cross-shopping a Mustang & a BMW... please get over yourself!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread