THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum F23 Convertible - Roof Cover/Lid rattle help

04-16-2024, 06:36 AM   #1
f30paul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 330e

F23 Convertible - Roof Cover/Lid rattle help

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone can help - I have a knock/rattle at low speeds from the rear of my 2 series convertible, and I'm pretty sure its to do with the plastic lid that acts as the parcel shelf, and covers the roof when down.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of something done where either rubber stoppers are adjusted or felt tape is applied to help this to stop flexing and therefore rattling.
Can't find it anymore for the life of me.

Anyone had similar issues and sorted? I intend to have a prod around the lid area this weekend when the roof is half up/down. There must be particular areas that are the cause...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 08:27 AM   #2
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30paul View Post
Hi all,

Wondered if anyone can help - I have a knock/rattle at low speeds from the rear of my 2 series convertible, and I'm pretty sure its to do with the plastic lid that acts as the parcel shelf, and covers the roof when down.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of something done where either rubber stoppers are adjusted or felt tape is applied to help this to stop flexing and therefore rattling.
Can't find it anymore for the life of me.

Anyone had similar issues and sorted? I intend to have a prod around the lid area this weekend when the roof is half up/down. There must be particular areas that are the cause...

Thanks.
I have a 2015 F23 with I think same issue..rattle/squeak behind the driver side..except I hear mine at higher speed when going over rough patch of the road... I'd appreciate it if you share what you find. Thx
Appreciate 0