THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Needed new ECU and the mechanic has been trying to program/update it for over a week

08-15-2023, 05:49 PM   #1
Rick24wag
Love my M235i
Rep
Drives: Bmw m235i

Needed new ECU and the mechanic has been trying to program/update it for over a week

My 2016 m235i ECU broke and I took it in and my mechanic put in a new one but they have been updating/programing it for well over a week now. They say BMW has given them instructions and the updates are taking a very very long time. Is this normal? This is at least day 8 or 9 of them just doing the updating part. The car starts fine now so just the computer programs are left but can it really take this long? thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 05:29 AM   #2
LA1Z24
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

Some F chassis cars can take up to a full day to completely program (24 hours). 7-8 days someone is not being upfront with you.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 05:25 PM   #3
Rick24wag
Love my M235i
Rep
Drives: Bmw m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA1Z24 View Post
Some F chassis cars can take up to a full day to completely program (24 hours). 7-8 days someone is not being upfront with you.
This is what I thought. I have taken it to a mechanic that only works on German cars and they ordered the ECU from BMW and they have told me they have been working with BMW on the update but its been a pain. The secretary there gives me the same update for past 2 weeks, The update is still going. Should I ask them anything specific about this issue to find out additional info or to find out if they are being honest? Its my first time using this mechanic and they have a lot of good reviews on google but you never know for sure. thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 08:36 AM   #4
EEA
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 M235i

I had to have mine updated recently after my motor was rebuilt. It definitely didn't take 8 or 9 days. Took a day, maybe two?
Appreciate 0