THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning BMW M235i shutting off, bad idle and air volume too high

08-19-2023, 07:44 AM   #1
Ivan4698
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

BMW M235i shutting off, bad idle and air volume too high

After my original charge pipe exploded, a mechanic installed a charge pipe from exhaust performance. Everything went fine for some days, my girlfriend is mostly driving the car, so she isnt really „using“ the full power. Then I had a longer trip and after 200km I went for a kickdown. Suddenly, the cars shows the drivetrain error. It did not went in limp mode, the power wasnt the same, sometimes it did not show the full boost. My peak was mostly 17-18psi.

The car had the stage 2 tune by mhd. It also has the wagner evo 1 intercooler and as I mentioned the charge pipe.

First I cleaned the MAF-Sensor and plugged it in again. There was no change, the car was running the same with the MAF-Sensor unplugged. Im waiting for a new maf-sensor.

Now I removed the mhd tune, so its stock. But the car is running the same. Sometimes it shows different error codes: fuel-air mixture too rich, engine stopped without driver influence, charging pressure control-plausibilty pressure too low, absolute pressure sensor-intake pipe:multiple fault.

The only fault its shows me right now is air volume too high (stock tune). But the car is sometimes shutting off, when Im rolling to the red lights. Also when I am giving it some light revs to 1200rmp it a has idle problems and sometimes its going below 500rmp and then turns off.

I never had this issues before the original charge pipe exploded, its very curious. Is there a chance the mechanic did something wrong??

I did some sort of data log with the mhd app. Once with the stage 2 tune and once with stock tune. The lamda bank is showing crazy numbers? What could it be? Can someone explain?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 12:40 PM   #2
hk235
Rep
Drives: M235i

Check the charge pipe, I had the same issues from a loose connection
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 05:31 PM   #3
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Sounds like there's a big leak
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 12:36 PM   #4
Ivan4698
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Another mechanic checked the car and it was the charge pipe… this idiot forgot the seals on both sides. Thanks guys!
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50
      09-06-2023, 04:25 AM   #5
GraceMartin
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Check the charge pipe; I experienced problems similar to those you describe caused by a faulty connection.

gold miner
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50