THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Need Advice on Wastegate & SRS Error Codes

06-07-2023, 05:01 PM   #1
alx1999
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Need Advice on Wastegate & SRS Error Codes

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the world of BMW and I now understand why most people take them somewhere to get serviced.

Anyways, I'm almost done fixing my crashed M235i and need some pointers with some codes that are still on.

Current Codes:

P1290 / 123401 - Electric Wastegate Learning Limit Position, Cold Start; Malfunction

12412 - Electric Wastegate Learning Limit Stop: Stop Position (Wastegate Closed) Not Found

P0033 / 122004 - Blow-Off Valve Activation: Line Disconnection
I believe this is because I installed a Turbo Smart Kompact BOV and heard that because the spring tension is higher, it might throw an error? Strange it says line disconnected though. Link to post: LINK

P1260 / 120408 - Charging Pressure Control: Switch-Off As Consequence

In my other Thread, I talked about 2 plugs and they corresponded to the blow off valve and wastegate actuator.

For the wastegate actuator, I had to make my own bracket that connects from the actuator to the valve in the turbo. I heard the tolerance needs to be like 2mm so maybe my bracket is just off. Is there any way to program the actuator? Can I use ISTA? I assume the wastegate codes are triggering the Pressure Control error.

SRS Codes:

930B08 - Retractor Tensioner, Driver: Resistance too high

930934 - Belt Force Limiter, Driver: Resistance too high

930994 - Safety Battery Terminal: Resistance too high

I replaced both the retractor (Male side/Belt) and pretensioner (Female Side/Buckle) and am going to replace the battery cable soon.

I'm honestly not sure if both the other codes are related to the retractor or what. The retractor was the exact same part # with the same manufacturer name. Plugged in no problem to the original harness and didn't notice and fraying, cuts, or damage. The pretensioner was bought off ebay from an off brand and I don't know if that's the retractor tensioner code? Not sure, but any input would be helpful.

Also maybe I just need to get my SRS module reset as I haven't had the energy to pull the thing out of the center console.

EDIT: Just downloaded ISTA+ on my laptop and getting an ENET wifi adapter as I don't have an ethernet port on my laptop. Seems I should be able to clear the SRS fault codes, as the car wasn't in a serious crash so there shouldn't be crash memory.

It should also be able to tell me how off the wastegate actuator is, but i don't know where to see that in the GUI.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 11:04 PM   #2
yapifeb118
Registered
Rep
Drives: Swift

McDonald’s Food For Thought Survey

Great Article thanks for such a great information please do follow these articles. wecare rite and Check Here
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #3
AshtonPJT
BM3 Tuner
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40 2019

P1290 / 123401 - Electric Wastegate Learning Limit Position, Cold Start; Malfunction

12412 - Electric Wastegate Learning Limit Stop: Stop Position (Wastegate Closed) Not Found

These two codes are most likely causing the issues you are having.

You need to have the wastegate position calibrated using ISTA. After you get that fixed see which codes remain.
Appreciate 0