THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Ordered a new 2-Series, the dealer made me cancel my order...

01-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Talking Ordered a new 2-Series, the dealer made me cancel my order...

Guys I've been patiently waiting since mid September 2014 for the dealer to receive allocation for my car build. I originally began my quest for a "good deal" on a popular new 2-Series at my local Houston BMW dealers. Not one of the Houston area dealers were willing to negotiate, all stating there is low allocation for 2-Series and they could get full MSRP, perhaps a $500 discount but no more. That was not acceptable to me. I began my search for a "good deal" at outlying BMW dealers. I contacted and made a great deal with a low volume dealer in a small Texas one stop light town. The dealership was about 80 miles north from where I live. The car build I put a deposit on was an Alpine White 2015 228i M-Sport with Track Package and a few other must haves like drivers package, lighting package, HK. The dealer informed me that since they are a low volume that they were not sure when they would receive allocation. Month after month I was told "we should have your allocation next month". I must admit that the dealer contined to update me with emails and phone calls even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, I was happy they kept me in mind not to mention they were apologetic and appeared to feel bad for not receiving allocation.

Out of frustration, I revisited the same local Houston dealers. They continued to stand firm on not discounting more than $500-$1000.00. I considered and test drove other cars but it was to late, I had already driven a few 228i's and was hooked. I searched for a pre-owned 228i M-Sport. I found several but they didn't have the track package thus not having the cool looking brakes and also many didn't have the lighting package which is a must have for me. I also test drove an awesome 2014 M235i with 5,000 miles. WOW, what a freakin blast. It was an awesome car and very impressive. Problem was it was the same price of my dream 228i M-Sport build car. I passed on the pre-owned M235i. I didn't know what to do. I cancelled my order and requested my deposit returned.

After receiving my deposit, I reached out to one last BMW dealer, also 80 miles in a small city east of where I live. I emailed the general sales manger this past Friday evening with my 228i M-Sport car build and buy offer. I made no mention of my previous order or how I wound up contacting him. The general manager immediately replied to my email with "YES I accept your buy offer". I was excited but needed confirmation, most importantly I needed a production number.

The general manager and I communicated via email this past weekend. In our communications I made mention to the general sales manager that a great deal on an M235i would be somewhat close in price to our agreed upon price on a 228i, he agreed but he added "that would have to be a helluva deal". Hmm.

Guys I'm ecstatic to report that I have my paperwork and my new 2-Series build production number. The dealer informed me today that today is the last day to make any changes to the car build if I wanted to make changes. I'm like, NO! Just pull the trigger. Wow this is phenomenal, it's finally happening. I'll have my new car soon!

Oh yeah, remember I was originally going for an Alpine White 228i M-Sport with Track Package, HK, Lighting Package, Alarm and Drivers Assistance Package.

The car I successfully ordered and actually getting is a new Glacier Silver M235i with Drivers Assistance Package, HK, Alarm, Black Kidney Grills. And oh yeah the dealer is adding window tint as a courtesy.

I'm more than pleased how this worked out. I was disappointed the first dealer couldn't get allocation. Boy am I happy they never received allocation, if they had I wouldn't be getting a new M235i.

I haven't even received my Ultimate Driving Machine yet it's alreay evoking Ultimate feelings of joy!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 01:18 AM   #2
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Hey dude, congrats ! Very happy for ya ! And, I'm also glad you're getting the M235i in the end. The reason being, think about ownership of a 228i, one year down the road. Maybe you're bored of the 240 hp 4 cylinder, and suddenly regret not upgrading to the 320 hp 6 cylinder ? Glad you won't be doing that. And from all the reviews, and from my test drive, what an awesome engine that is !!!

You're going to love this car. Worth the long wait. I'm also waiting on a Glacier Silver M235i, with similar options. And the wait is tough !

Say, this doesn't matter now, but, I've heard of people actually buying cars really far away from where they live - not 100 miles away, but on the other side of the country !!! And, they get awesome deals. Forget the deals, you could at least find a dealership that gets better/more allocations. Anyway, glad you finally got an order in.

01-28-2015, 01:34 AM   #3
mvallido
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

^^^ exactly. Some M235i owners are already getting tunes because they want more power.
2004 C240
97 E39 VF5 Supercharged
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2015, 04:31 AM   #4
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Congrats. Came in and was going to suggest a dealership in Houston that's giving a discount, but looks like you already found one.

I had the same difficulty as well when it came to looking for a deal on a 2 series here. Took me over a month of speaking to every dealership and even spoke to multiple salesman's from the same dealership, lol. Found someone here who recommended me a dealership and found out that dealership routinely gives off that much for anyone who purchases a 2 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
Gate7
Oh rly?
Rep
Drives: 335i

Can you pm me the Houston dealer giving discount?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Congratulations! I'm glad that worked out so well.
The difference between my local dealer and an out of state offer was a whopping $2500. I went with the out of state offer since I'm doing PCD. The local dealer called me later and countered, still $1000 higher than my other offer. Uhhh, that's not how this works, guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #7
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Always great to hear good news. Congratulations and here's to many miles of smiles to come!
Appreciate 0