THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Waiting for a boat

01-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Waiting for a boat

Just heard on the phone - Feb 6 is when production should start.

*** EDIT: FEB 6: PRODUCTION COMPLETED, WAITING FOR A BOAT ***

This means I can, barring bad luck, get on the Feb 21 ship, reaching Port Hueneme, California, on Mar 18.

And get the vehicle around Mar 25 !!!

Last edited by Inline_Six; 02-08-2015 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Regardless
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: turbo'd inline 6

I admire your patience
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post

This means I can, barring bad luck, get on the Feb 21 ship, reaching Port Hueneme, California, on Mar 18.

Who did you get the production start date from?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m235i View Post
Who did you get the production start date from?
I called the 1-800 number, and asked to speak to a person. The person looked it up in her system and told me Feb 6.
      01-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
I admire your patience
Haha, thanks, man. It has not been easy. And, I still have 2 whole months to go
      01-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Good to hear that you've finally received a start date for production.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #7
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
Good to hear that you've finally received a start date for production.
Thanks man, it has not been fun. Next time, I might just end up searching the country for a car that has my config. Say, did your dealer proactively give you regular updates during your production process ? Or did you have to keep bugging them, like in my case ?
      01-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep

That's bummer. But it sounds liker ordering dealership might not have had an allocation when you placed the order.

BMW of San Antonio had two M235i allocations when I approached them and started discussing ordering our BMW. As soon as I made the decision and went with them for the purchase, the Sales Manager I was dealing with submitted "our" allocation to BMW and immediately provided us a production number. That was on the 7th of January. My wife (whom I bought the car for) finalized the options she liked that following Monday. By week's end, we had confirmation that BMW had accepted and is processing our production. A Client Advisor was also assigned to follow-up with BMW and keep us abreast. So far, it's been really good and I credit the our ordering dealership for that.

It should be seamless.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's bummer. But it sounds liker ordering dealership might not have had an allocation when you placed the order.

BMW of San Antonio had two M235i allocations when I approached them and started discussing ordering our BMW. As soon as I made the decision and went with them for the purchase, the Sales Manager I was dealing with submitted "our" allocation to BMW and immediately provided us a production number. That was on the 7th of January. My wife (whom I bought the car for) finalized the options she liked that following Monday. By week's end, we had confirmation that BMW had accepted and is processing our production. A Client Advisor was also assigned to follow-up with BMW and keep us abreast. So far, it's been really good and I credit the our ordering dealership for that.

It should be seamless.
Thanks for the info. My experience has been the antithesis of yours.

Ordered: Jan 5
Got production number: Jan 8
Got an update from the dealer: Never, not without me bugging them

Anyway, my experience with car dealers has never been a positive one, and this one is no different. They're nice to you till the moment you put your signature on the paper. After that, they couldn't care less.

This just in from my CA - "I let you slip through the cracks. I know I have really dropped the ball throughout this entire transaction and I hope you can forgive us and allow us keep your business. "
      01-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #10
myc132
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible

Quote:
This just in from my CA - "I let you slip through the cracks. I know I have really dropped the ball throughout this entire transaction and I hope you can forgive us and allow us keep your business. "
I should really recommend you to my guy down in San Diego. He actually e-mailed me to let me know the car was in production and he's always responsive to my emails and informed me that he'll give me the link to track the car once it's on a ship. Probably the smoothest dealership experience I'll ever have lol
      01-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #11
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:

I'm glad you finally got word. You're two behind me in production, on the west coast, but you'll probably get your car first! Who knew the Performance Center would make me slower?
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #12
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I suggest that you consider communicating with GM at your ordering dealership and let them know their failure to meet your expectations.

Communications goes both ways. Praise and admonition. BTW, which dealership did this to you?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #13
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'm on the phone with BMW NA right now, and they just told me production began today at 3.21 am Pacific time, and is due to complete by Feb 6.

I was wrong about production starting on Feb 6. It was actually the completion date, as someone here pointed out.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 01-27-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm on the phone with BMW NA right now, and they just told me production began today at 3.21 am Pacific time, and is due to complete by Feb 6.

I was wrong about production starting on Feb 6. It was actually the completion date, as someone here pointed out.

Congrats man! Things are happening for you finally!
      01-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #15
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I suggest that you consider communicating with GM at your ordering dealership and let them know their failure to meet your expectations.

Communications goes both ways. Praise and admonition. BTW, which dealership did this to you?
Thanks, but I don't want to be specific about the dealership at this time. I've communicated my disappointment to them, and they have acknowledged it, and want to make things better, and I want to give them a chance, before I bash them publicly.
      01-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #16
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

01-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #17
entrylevelenthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw 228i

Congrats!

My production has ended and is en route to being shipped off to sea. However, the bmwusa.com does not show my listed options and packages. I have so far only entered the production number. Bmwusa shows the correct colors, but to get my options and packages, does anyone know if I need to add the vin number to my tracking? Or is this something that may correct itself if I remove, then add my vehicle again to bmwusa tracking?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #18
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

Quote:
Anyway, my experience with car dealers has never been a positive one, and this one is no different. They're nice to you till the moment you put your signature on the paper. After that, they couldn't care less.
Sad to say that I'm experiencing the same thing. First time buyer.

Any tips on how should I approach the dealer for a complaint?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #19
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi View Post
Sad to say that I'm experiencing the same thing. First time buyer.

Any tips on how should I approach the dealer for a complaint?
Hey, sorry to hear that.

Here's the thing to keep in mind - you want to establish a good long-term business relationship with your dealer, if you plan on going to that dealer for maintenance and/or future purchases (add-ons for your current vehicle, or new vehicles). This is especially important if your dealer is the only one nearby (which is the case for me), so I would like the future convenience of going back to the same dealer for my BMW maintenance/purchases.

So, even if you don't like them, it's good to be diplomatic with them. If they screw up a few times, politely tell them that they are not meeting your expectations. Don't antagonize them, because, if you do, all your future visits to the dealership will become tense and awkward.

For now, my advice to you is - just send them a polite but clear email. Something along the lines of "As a customer, I would really like to have XYZ, but I have found that to be lacking in my dealings with the dealership thus far. I would really like to establish a good business relationship with the dealership, and I will likely be a loyal customer if things work out well. I would really appreciate your co-operation in resolving this issue, so we can work towards a win-win situation."

This way, you're not antagonizing them, but at the same time, you're clearly stating your expectations, so you can move forward constructively. You need the dealership for maintenance and convenience (and perhaps future deals, if they like you), and they need your business ! So, the door swings both ways, kind of.

Also, very important, when you pick up your new car someday, BMW will send you a customer satisfaction survey. Be careful how you fill this out. I don't think the survey is anonymous. If you criticize your dealership, they might hate you and make your life hell going forward. Before you fill out the survey, touch base with them, and describe your experience with them, and come to some sort of agreement as to what a fair assessment of your experience with them would be.

Hope this helps.
      01-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #20
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrylevelenthusiast View Post
Congrats!

My production has ended and is en route to being shipped off to sea. However, the bmwusa.com does not show my listed options and packages. I have so far only entered the production number. Bmwusa shows the correct colors, but to get my options and packages, does anyone know if I need to add the vin number to my tracking? Or is this something that may correct itself if I remove, then add my vehicle again to bmwusa tracking?
Thanks !

It's strange that your options haven't shown up even after production completion. You don't need the VIN, prod number is enough (that's what I entered, don't have VIN).

Yeah, just try re-adding. Can't think of anything else. BTW, also check with the 1-800 BMW NA customer relations, to make sure that your options have been installed. Do this ASAP, before your car gets on the water.
      01-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #21
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrylevelenthusiast View Post
Congrats!
Congratulations!

Your ordered options should show on BMW USA (myBMW - Track my BMW). Our is currently shows "in production" and shows the ordered options. The only option not showing is the wheel/tire selection. Call BMW USA and talk to a live customer relations representative. 1-800-831-1117. You can provide either Production Order Number or last seven digits of VIN. Hope this helps.

Last edited by gaijin; 01-29-2015 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #22
entrylevelenthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw 228i

Interesting. I talked with my CA and she said there is nothing to worry about. But I will try removing/adding from bmwusa to see if it updated with my correct options.

Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0