THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery No more 2% holdback on ED for dealers?

01-19-2015, 03:04 AM   #1
FoxCrane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blue

No more 2% holdback on ED for dealers?

I left an online review for the dealer of my ED experience, including details of the deal I got (I do this with all my reviews, though they're mostly restaurant reviews). CA emailed me saying the new car manager wants me to remove my pricing because apparently the dealer no longer receives the 2% holdback from the manufacturer for ED cars (something about pricing structure changing recently). They say the result is that they can not offer my deal to others because they would be losing money. My deal was $350 over ED invoice and I left them 5 stars for my purchase experience.

Anyone know anything about the dealer no longer receiving the 2% holdback for ED cars?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

There is no holdback for cars that don't come from their allocation. If the car comes from the ED pool and they don't use up one of their allocations to fulfill the order, BMW awards you that holdback money in the form of savings, so to speak. Has been this way for a while.

I can understand them not wanting pricing out there on something highly visible to which others (non bmw enthusiasts) might foolishly try to benchmark every deal against, ED or not.