THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Delivery estimates (USA)

01-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #23
myc132
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible

we should start a thread for those in agony of the wait. LOL

01-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #24
MPM104
Rep
Drives: M240xi

My car was suppose to enter production the forth week of January. Turns out my car went into production on January 12th and is suppose to finish production tomorrow, the 21st. Hopefully that gives you guys waiting some hope. I ordered mine from a dealership right outside of Philadelphia, my SA thinks my car should be at the dealership by mid February.
Appreciate 2
      01-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #25
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
Arggggggggg

I just called the 1-800 ... they said it's scheduled for production 2nd week of Feb (week 6). That's another 3 weeks of sitting here and jerking off to YouTube review videos, before anything else happens.

Extrapolating, I get first week of April for dealer pickup.

Dang it. I'm still showing no confirmed production date.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #26
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

As of this evening:

Vehicle Timeline
We are currently processing your order and will inform you once your BMW enters production.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #27
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Dang it. I'm still showing no confirmed production date.
Hey, I just found out that if you ask to speak to a human being, you may get more updated info than you would from the automated system.

The automated system tells me the same thing "no confirmed date", but this time, I insisted on speaking to a person, and they looked in their system and told me week 6.

Speak to a person ... you might get more up-to-date info. Good luck !
      01-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #28
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
As of this evening:

Vehicle Timeline
We are currently processing your order and will inform you once your BMW enters production.
Like I mentioned to Supernaut, the most updated info can be obtained from option #3 below:

1 - The MyBMW site
2 - The cyborg with a fake vagina, on the 1-800 automated system
3 - A person with a real penis/vagina, on the 1-800 customer service line

#1 and 2 are potentially days old.
      01-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #29
topcat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 4 Runner

Live person on the phone will have the most up to date info. Your CS as access to the same info and potentially more details. My car is at port and the BMW website says "Finishing touches taking place", The phone line says the same thing. A live person said the same thing BUT was able to say that the car was awaiting transport to the dealer and that should occur on the 19th (yesterday!!!!!!!) Where is my car! Saturday I should have it. Have fun waiting.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #30
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
Live person on the phone will have the most up to date info. Your CS as access to the same info and potentially more details. My car is at port and the BMW website says "Finishing touches taking place", The phone line says the same thing. A live person said the same thing BUT was able to say that the car was awaiting transport to the dealer and that should occur on the 19th (yesterday!!!!!!!) Where is my car! Saturday I should have it. Have fun waiting.

Just kidding ... what I meant was ...

01-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #31
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc132 View Post
we should start a thread for those in agony of the wait. LOL

One step ahead of you, partner

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076535

This was my very first post on this forum
      01-21-2015, 08:18 AM   #32
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As of this evening:
Vehicle Timeline
Spoke to the customer relations this morning and confirmed production scheduled for first week of February.

Build completion by 7 February.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #33
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Spoke to the customer relations this morning and confirmed production scheduled for first week of February.

Build completion by 7 February.
Cool beans !
      01-21-2015, 04:04 PM   #34
PHX767
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Hey, I just found out that if you ask to speak to a human being, you may get more updated info than you would from the automated system.

The automated system tells me the same thing "no confirmed date", but this time, I insisted on speaking to a person, and they looked in their system and told me week 6.

I'm week 6 too. Hoping to luck out and get bumped up.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 04:42 PM   #35
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Production begins!

My 235 was scheduled for production week 5, but production began today. Hope to have it mid-March.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #36
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I got home from work too late, so I'll try tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #37
topcat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 4 Runner

Well I ordered !one at the end of October and it was shipped out of Munich in December and arrived on the west coast Jan 14th. Been sitting in port and got confirmation they were installing the LSD and all the other goodies today. Crazy thing is I'm flying down to pick it up Saturday and we don't know if its going to be at the dealership. Talk about a nail biter! I'm freaking out right now!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 11:56 PM   #38
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Quote:
Nuwheels and myc132 - I think I understand why your cars went into production so soon (esp Nuwheels) ... your configurations are much simpler than mine. I ordered all packages + Harmon Kardon + wood trim.

I can't think of any other reason why mine is taking this long.

Oh well ...
It has very little to do with configuration details, actually, it just depends on when your dealer's allotment was for. Yours was for February, alas. (Mine is rather complicated and went into production last week, but that is neither here nor there.)

Also, about the the time waiting for production to start being the hardest--yes and no. Yes, because whatever part you are in is always the hardest , but no because at least you have a set date for production to start. After the car is produced, everything after that is just total luck, bad luck, and randomness. You hear stories all the time of people's car waiting for three weeks before it gets on a boat, or not getting released by the EPA for two weeks on arrival. That production is the last certain date you have, enjoy it

And as far as a dealer or anyone else giving a projected delivery date, that's a little disingenuous on their part: all they are telling you is how long it usually takes, not any info specific to you. The logistics post-production are not prearranged and depend on many different circumstances that are constantly in flux. So, cross your fingers for me and I'll croos my fingers for you, and hope we all get our cars sooner than later.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #39
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
It has very little to do with configuration details, actually, it just depends on when your dealer's allotment was for. Yours was for February, alas. (Mine is rather complicated and went into production last week, but that is neither here nor there.)

Also, about the the time waiting for production to start being the hardest--yes and no. Yes, because whatever part you are in is always the hardest , but no because at least you have a set date for production to start. After the car is produced, everything after that is just total luck, bad luck, and randomness. You hear stories all the time of people's car waiting for three weeks before it gets on a boat, or not getting released by the EPA for two weeks on arrival. That production is the last certain date you have, enjoy it

And as far as a dealer or anyone else giving a projected delivery date, that's a little disingenuous on their part: all they are telling you is how long it usually takes, not any info specific to you. The logistics post-production are not prearranged and depend on many different circumstances that are constantly in flux. So, cross your fingers for me and I'll croos my fingers for you, and hope we all get our cars sooner than later.
Amen !
      01-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #40
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
Well I ordered !one at the end of October and it was shipped out of Munich in December and arrived on the west coast Jan 14th. Been sitting in port and got confirmation they were installing the LSD and all the other goodies today. Crazy thing is I'm flying down to pick it up Saturday and we don't know if its going to be at the dealership. Talk about a nail biter! I'm freaking out right now!
What are the other goodies ? Nav, etc ?

I thought those goodies are installed in Bavaria.
      01-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #41
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So, I called the automated line: still no confirmed date for production. I then talked to the rep and.....my car started production TODAY. Expected completion in Feb 2. They just aren't showing the Performance Center as the delivery point, so I need to make sure that is set.
And there was much rejoicing!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #42
PHX767
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
So, I called the automated line: still no confirmed date for production. I then talked to the rep and.....my car started production TODAY. Expected completion in Feb 2. They just aren't showing the Performance Center as the delivery point, so I need to make sure that is set.
And there was much rejoicing!
Do you know when your original production week was supposed to be? I'm trying to get an idea how far ahead they are getting bumped forward. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #43
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
So, cross your fingers for me and I'll croos my fingers for you, and hope we all get our cars sooner than later.
I'm with you guys on that one!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #44
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX767 View Post
Do you know when your original production week was supposed to be? I'm trying to get an idea how far ahead they are getting bumped forward. Thanks
I never had that info. I went from "no production date" to "your car started production this morning" in a phone call. She even told me the info was posted at 05:27:51 this morning! I'll go with that as the moment of conception - 11:27:51 Leipzig time.
Appreciate 0