THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery M235i ED Lease hassle!!!

01-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #23
GTGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M440i GC

Garage List
I opted against the lease a few days ago. I ran the numbers and thought about what I wanted to do with the car, as well as some unknowns regarding mileage, and decided a traditional finance was a better fit for me. I really love the 2 series and would like to hang on to this car for a while. Yes I know the M2 is coming down the road, but for a daily driver I think the m235i is more than adequate for a single guy. While I did have to part with the down payment today, my actual loan payments don't start until late March, so yes I'll have made one, maybe two (if car arrives late) actual loan payments before the car arrives back in the US sometime in April, but that not really a big deal since it's going to pay for the car. Now if it was a lease then yes, I would have waited as long as possible to sign the docs, and yes, I could have done the same with the finance, but my schedule is hectic the next few weeks and it was convenient for me to wrap up today and be done with it. On a different note, Hyperzulu I have read through your sub upgrade thread a few times and am curious to learn more about your audio upgrade. I'll follow up in a few months once my car arrives in the US. Thanks for all the great feedback
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #24
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Good. I agree for a finance no big deal. Glad that is the case. Others have paid a month in advance for their ED because they had a dumb CA who insisted.

Cool, if you have questions, go for it. I did the subs and the door speakers, including tweeters in the sail panels (fabricated them myself ). I will probably add an amp shortly but looking at what is available.
      01-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #25
GTGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I like what you did with the subs in the floor, but am curious as to where you're going with the amp. I'm sure there are plenty of threads I could read on what to do regarding amps, but your thread with pics was well done, so I figured I'd just see what direction you were going to go regarding the amp.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGuy
I like what you did with the subs in the floor, but am curious as to where you're going with the amp. I'm sure there are plenty of threads I could read on what to do regarding amps, but your thread with pics was well done, so I figured I'd just see what direction you were going to go regarding the amp.
Haven't decided yet. The standard route is the JL Audio six channel amp. Good amount of clean power, small and accepts balanced inputs. Ideally I think I'd go with the Match pp 82dsp. I was thinking of going the cheaper route with a pair of alpine ktp-445u but I don't think they take balanced inputs.
      02-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #27
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGuy View Post
hyperzulu thanks for the feedback. You're correct in assuming I'm no longer in Pasadena. I originally joined the forum years back when I lived in Pasadena with my '06 330i, but since I have moved and now am in northern Alabama.

The $3000 is for cap reduction, but I have been considering dropping to $1500 as I'd like to put as little money into the car as possible if I decide to go for the lease. I need to verify the current MF for US delivery, but I believe you are right in saying it is 0.0013 - I'm not surprised the dealer bumped it a little to make some extra money. I also need to verify the residual they are using before signing anything. I thought it was 60% but they're telling me 59%. The numbers they ran for me yesterday were not done by the finance manager, but by the sales manager since the finance guy was out. I need to go back early next week and sit down with the finance guy and get the exact numbers.

I should have ironed out the leases details before ordering, but like I said in an earlier post I was initially just going to finance, but after thinking about the M2 and stuff that's coming down the pipeline in the future I decided that maybe a 3 year lease would be better. Now that I decided to lease after the car has been ordered they're trying to make some extra money by taking a little here and there.
is it a down payment of $3k, or $3k worth of security deposits?

If not security deposits, look into it. Far better than a down payment, you get the SD's back at the end of the lease!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #28
GTGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Picked up the car in Munich last week. Wonderful car and excellent drive from Munich to Geneva.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #29
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGuy View Post
Picked up the car in Munich last week. Wonderful car and excellent drive from Munich to Geneva.
Wow ! What a beautiful car in beautiful surroundings !

Congrats, my friend ! Enjoy !

03-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #30
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
I'm jealous! Great castle shot, too!
Appreciate 1