THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Anyone received car with wrong configuration ?

01-27-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Anyone received car with wrong configuration ?

Has anyone gone to the dealer for pickup, and seen something that doesn't match their selected configuration ? Wrong color, wrong interior trim, missing features, etc ? And of course, I'm referring to custom ordered cars that are made from scratch in Deutschland, not cars sitting around on dealer lots.

I ask because, if this sort of thing does happen, is it a process of waiting 3 more months to get a car that you want ? Can they send the new mismatched car to North Carolina to get it "fixed" ?

I'm just kinda paranoid that some of my options may get messed up (my bad luck) ...
      01-27-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Since your vehicle is in production, it should show all the options you picked. There are a few options that are installed at the port, but I wouldn't worry about those too much.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
You're way to gung-ho about all this not to have checked your build on the site yet. Has it populated?
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2015, 01:07 AM   #4
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
You're way to gung-ho about all this not to have checked your build on the site yet. Has it populated?
The site has not updated yet I've been checking it religiously ! I wonder if that damn site is useful at all ... it's always a few days behind, shows you the wrong color "until XYZ happens" ... freakin pointless

I know that it will ultimately show me the options, so I guess it does have that value, but I guess if it shows something wrong, nothing can be done about it at that point.

At what point can I expect a VIN ? My sweetheart went into production today.
      01-28-2015, 01:33 AM   #5
myc132
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
The site has not updated yet I've been checking it religiously ! I wonder if that damn site is useful at all ... it's always a few days behind, shows you the wrong color "until XYZ happens" ... freakin pointless

I know that it will ultimately show me the options, so I guess it does have that value, but I guess if it shows something wrong, nothing can be done about it at that point.

At what point can I expect a VIN ? My sweetheart went into production today.
I heard from other people that if you remove the car and add it again, it'll refresh the config. Maybe you can give that a try.

Also, I think once the vehicle goes into production, you can contact your dealership and they'll have the vin for you.