THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Hello all, here is what I just ordered

01-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
drivethemachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e

Hello all, here is what I just ordered

Wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I live on Long Island, NY and just ordered a 228i (in valencia orange) yesterday. Well, I paid a deposit, to be exact. Dealer will enter the order during this coming week I believe.
I am a long time BMW fan and customer, and had all kinds of models through the past 15 years or so...since I could buy my own cars that is. The other brand that is close to my heart is Ford and I will be trading in a V6 Mustang which will definitely be emotional and feel like a breakup.

I remember checking out the 1 series coupes which is how I ended up here. Several things led me to my decision really:
Excellent press, back during the 2014 New York auto show Jalopnik had a little party where I could first get up close with the car.
Later during the fall I went to the Ultimate Driving Experience autocross event here in New York and I got to drive it.
Then the road trip article on Jalopnik and the extremely favorable review. And here we are today.

I ordered with European Delivery, and this will be a very weird trip for me because I grew up in Europe, I owned cars in Europe, I would frequently drive top speed on the Autobahn and can navigate the streets of Munich without a map.
I've been to the BMW Welt, only to check out other people taking delivery of their new cars, and remember thinking to myself: I would like to be that guy some day.
I am also planning to take re-delivery in South Carolina.

I hope everything works out as I am really at the very beginning of this process, and I hope this car will live up to the very high expectation I'm having....

Here is a screenshot of what I ordered. Adding the Track Package was a last minute decision, mainly because I love those wheels I think they come with Michelin SS tires which I hear will wear out before summer is over, so that's a bummer.
Overall I am a bit nervous about the Track Package since I'm not planning to actually track the car, but it's getting very positive reviews (including this forum).

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 6.58.59 PM.png
Views: 403
Size:  381.6 KB

Last edited by drivethemachine; 01-11-2015 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Nice build. That's awesome you get to do ED and PCD! I had too much going on to ED, but I might see you in South Carolina.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
dc2112fan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i VO

Congratulations! Fantastic choice!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
Shamwil
Rep
Drives: Passat

Was there anything extra or had to do or pay to take re-delivery in South Carolina. Because I plan on doing the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 04:00 AM   #5
drivethemachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e

No, it should be a $0 option.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 11:05 PM   #6
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamwil View Post
Was there anything extra or had to do or pay to take re-delivery in South Carolina. Because I plan on doing the same thing.
No charge. However, I believe it will be an abbreviated delivery since it is your stateside re-delivery. Check with your ordering dealership or BMWNA for deliverable at Spartanburg.
Appreciate 0