THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 5 days old and then this happened...

05-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #23
shundel
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Sorry that this happened to you. You seem to be taking it much better than I would be in your situation.

True enough that most insurance providers won't/cannot advise you on where to go for repairs. From what I've seen, most people talk to their dealerships regarding which shop(s) they might prefer car to be taken in for repairs if you are at a loss. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2017, 06:19 PM   #24
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Contact BMWNA and get a list of BMW approved collission centers in your area. Do not let a GEICO shop any where near your BMW.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #25
F22ACE
Rep
Drives: Fake M

Sorry to hear man, hope insurance takes of it, but still j-ass people. best of luck. Had something similar happen with my S2000. broke my heart...
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2017, 12:02 AM   #26
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by shundel View Post
Sorry that this happened to you. You seem to be taking it much better than I would be in your situation.

True enough that most insurance providers won't/cannot advise you on where to go for repairs. From what I've seen, most people talk to their dealerships regarding which shop(s) they might prefer car to be taken in for repairs if you are at a loss. Good luck!
I hate to admit this, but the fact that the car is leased makes it easier to accept...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #27
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Call a few bmw dealerships' service centers around you and ask them where they refer their customers to, for bodywork. That would be a good place to start, IMO. Calling BMWNA as someone suggested earlier is fine advice as well.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2017, 01:48 PM   #28
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies and sympathy. could have been way worse.

sounds like the process is:

a) i have to initially take it into a GEICO adjustment center to get "their" estimate
b) from there, i can take it anywhere i want; was referred to a BMW center next to my dealership in Silver Spring - MileOne Collision in Silver Spring. anyone have any experience with them?!

i'm not sure what happens if GEICO's estimate is less than the bodyshops estimate...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 02:06 PM   #29
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterino View Post
thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies and sympathy. could have been way worse.

a) i have to initially take it into a GEICO adjustment center to get "their" estimate
b) from there, i can take it anywhere i want; was referred to a BMW center next to my dealership in Silver Spring - MileOne Collision in Silver Spring. anyone have any experience with them?!

i'm not sure what happens if GEICO's estimate is less than the bodyshops estimate...
Don't worry about the estimate you get from GEICO (I actually used to work for them as an Adjuster and Vehicle Damage Appraiser so I am quite familiar with their processes). Just take your car and estimate to shop you decide on.

Make an appointment and drop it off when the time comes. The shop will call GEICO back for any items and procedures missed on the original appraisal. GEICO will send an appraiser out to the shop and negotiate the additional repairs. At that point the appraiser will write a Supplement to the original appraisal.

Most shops will have you sign an authorization to repair along with a Direction to Pay. The DTP allows GEICO to issue payment for any supplemental damages directly to the shop. All you should be responsible for when the repairs are complete is your deductible.

Just a note. I know a lot of people will say that most shops will waive (or "bury") your deductible. This is correct however I would warn against it. If for some reason you should have a problem or issue with the repairs and have trouble getting the shop to resolve it, the first question the insurance company will ask is if you paid your deductible. If you say no your are on your own. The shop can always blame some lack of or sub standard repairs on the basis that they did so to save your deductible.

I spent about 15 years in the auto insurance industry so if you need any help just PM me. Good luck!

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 3
Viffermike1753.00
zikolai10.50
      05-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #30
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:

MileOne was sloppy when I owned a Mercedes and took it in for service at their Silver Spring dealership. Once complained about noise from a rear caliper, they said they inspected under warranty, noise remained - pulled the wheel off myself and saw that brake pad was misaligned inside caliper. once had directional Pirelli tires installed they mounted all the tires inside out. Lots of other stuff pissed me off, is their body shop any good? I wouldn't chance it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #31
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

I would read reviews as well. My local BMW approved bodyshop is pretty shitty. I took my car to Audi approve one because it had much better reviews
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #32
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

ugh. i have no idea if this is related but this popped up tonight

???

highly doubting this, but any chance at all this could be related to the clutch stop i added 3 days ago?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #33
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:

???

highly doubting this, but any chance at all this could be related to the clutch stop i added 3 days ago?
My guess is that it's suspension or steering related.
      05-30-2017, 10:08 PM   #34
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabu2 View Post
Quote:

???

I already searched through some of the forums, and it seems like this was a fairly common one time pop up that many people had in the first thousand miles so I'm hoping it just goes away?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #35
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabu2 View Post
Quote:

???

FWIW, i initiated a teleservice call, data was transferred, and the chassis warning is gone...

hope it stays that way!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 11:18 AM   #36
esp260
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i Msport 6MT

Quote:
FWIW, i initiated a teleservice call, data was transferred, and the chassis warning is gone...

hope it stays that way!
I had this come up early on before too! It disappeared the next day. When I took it in the dealer said it was an engine misfire on one of the cylinders. I'm at 27k miles now and haven't had it come up again.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #37
DaleHeinz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240Xi Estoril Blue

Quote:
thanks for all of the responses. can anyone recommend a good BMW body shop in the DC/VA/MD area? hopefully GEICO will just let me take it where I want to. Worst part will be how long it takes...
BMW Annapolis has an in house collision center. They did a fantastic job replacing my cracked windshield.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2017, 08:57 PM   #38
rich8566
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Terrible.