THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Finally! And I think I set a record!

09-23-2016, 11:37 PM   #23
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
What a coincidence, wow.
It really is, it seemed he was destined to buy my car one way or another, and doing it this way hes got about 4 years and 91k of warranty left on it

It's also a good thing its a 2014 and the maintenance on it is transferable to the second owner, which they got rid of for 2015 and beyond.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:40 PM   #24
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep

Also I am jealous of your front parking sensors and moonroof
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #25
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
It really is, it seemed he was destined to buy my car one way or another, and doing it this way hes got about 4 years and 91k of warranty left on it

It's also a good thing its a 2014 and the maintenance on it is transferable to the second owner, which they got rid of for 2015 and beyond.
Yea, you can sometimes have much better value in a slightly used model. I had the maintenance transferred on my '15 but it came off of an executive 1 yr demo lease, which I believe is the only reason why I was able to obtain it. With the CPO warranty, I am fully covered until mid 2021. Better than a new car, and I saved a butt-load on the Performance Package bits.

What I went in for was a '16MY, base, white, sunroof delete 6MT w/ LSD, MPE and Lumbar upgrade. All in after taxes was going to be about $54,500CDN. When the salesman heard of my keen interest about modding/performance down the road, he told me about the colleague there who was swapping his "performance edition" 235 out for a "track edition" 235 and I fell in love right away. The car was fully optioned, with all of the additional Performance parts, and came to $67k CDN after taxes on the original bill of sale. I picked it up for $49,900 (in January) before taxes and additional appearance coverage like paint and wheel damage. All in after taxes about $56k, and don't feel bad about it, one bit. I basically got $15k in M Performance parts for an extra $1,500.

09-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #26
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Yea, you can sometimes have much better value in a slightly used model. I had the maintenance transferred on my '15 but it came off of an executive 1 yr demo lease, which I believe is the only reason why I was able to obtain it. With the CPO warranty, I am fully covered until mid 2021. Better than a new car, and I saved a butt-load on the Performance Package bits.

What I went in for was a '16MY, base, white, sunroof delete 6MT w/ LSD, MPE and Lumbar upgrade. All in after taxes was going to be about $54,500CDN. When the salesman heard of my keen interest about modding/performance down the road, he told me about the colleague there who was swapping his "performance edition" 235 out for a "track edition" 235 and I fell in love right away. The car was fully optioned, with all of the additional Performance parts, and came to $67k CDN after taxes on the original bill of sale. I picked it up for $49,900 (in January) before taxes and additional appearance coverage like paint and wheel damage. All in after taxes about $56k, and don't feel bad about it, one bit. I basically got $15k in M Performance parts for an extra $1,500.

I just said screw the F22, even though its still an amazing car that I will always love and I hope Nashvillian will appreciate it as much as I did (and after speaking to him on the phone yesterday it sure seems like he will), and went straight for the F87
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #27
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
I just said screw the F22, even though its still an amazing car that I will always love and I hope Nashvillian will appreciate it as much as I did (and after speaking to him on the phone yesterday it sure seems like he will), and went straight for the F87
Can't go wrong with the M2, it's the best performance you'll get from the BMW factory for a 2 series. I feel for me, with the amount of KM's I put on my cars each year, that the non M cars will always be the better car. No body wants a high mileage M car, that I know for sure (including me). Basic brake jobs will be much higher in cost, for example, which I do often with the mountains here and all.. For what I get out of this car day to day, it's actually excessive as it is lol.