THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning CV issue?

03-26-2024, 12:23 AM   #1
Wiiicho
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i XDrive

CV issue?

Hopefully im reposting this in the right forum I seemed to have made this same post on the wrong forum.

I have a 2016 BMW M235i Xdrive with 80k miles.

I’ll try and explain everything in as much detail but a few days ago I started feeling an increase in difficulty when making sharp turns in my car. It feels almost like it’s losing power or as if the wheels are locking up and I can’t tell which one it is. This only happens when turning, the car seems to shifts good and the power is all there as well. I haven’t driven it any more once I noticed this issue due to me being afraid of messing anything else up but when I did I really didn’t hear any clanks or really anything concerning. I noticed that the car only does this when it’s under a load in the ground bc I threw the car on all four jack stands and got under and there are no visible signs of anything and also turning sharp and moving everything makes no noise and seems to work fine.

Has anyone ever had this issue? Looking forward to hearing any advise or tips to self diagnose. Thanks in advance guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 11:30 AM   #2
Bmw turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m235xi

Did the car(road noise) seem louder on turns?
Appreciate 0