THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Uncommon b58 fault (has happened twice)

11-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
giangi_m240i
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Uncommon b58 fault (has happened twice)

I have had a jb4 in my m240 for over a month now and recently installed a *** less ********. The install went without any damage to both O2 sensores but for some reason got these fault codes. I decided to revert back to the Oem ******** but still fault Codes are present

12B104 O2 sensor before *** disconnected
12B304 O2 sensor after *** disconnected
12B102 Lambda probe heating before Catalyst Activation: Short Circuit to Ground
Again I removed the O2 sensors before anything and put them in a safe place. The last time i installed a ******** used the car with out anything going wrong untill 2 months later with the same situation. Had to take it to the dealer and they replaced pre cat O2 sensor( didn't dic it) and ended up in a full DME replacement. Which dis fix the problem until now, seems as the root cause is still there. That being said i will admit that in the first install, a O2 sensor may have been damage du to bumping into things.
Any help Is appreciated. Iv researched my self and have been thinking of the "integrated supply module as the culprit but would still like to get feed back.
Appreciate 0