THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Why do we sometimes give BS answers

06-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #23
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

i think you're taking it too hard on yourself. when i do mods to my car, i make sure i have multiple sources that tells me how to install it. i dont think people are purposely trying to feed you bs. if you were trying to repaint the caps then yes, it is easy as pulling it off and clipping it back on. as far as the mperformance mirrors, it took me 2 seconds to find a diy with the screws. there was no reason to pay someone to do it for you. install shouldnt take you more than 20 minutes at most

i think the other side of this problem is, some people are too lazy to search deeper and just rely too much on replies. it doesn't get any easier as doing a google search.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=708155

oh yea almost forgot. most topics that says its just pop on and off, is for the replicas. Replicas dont need screws.

Last edited by kerm1t; 06-22-2014 at 01:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #24
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
I'm with Dan. It's pure bravado, trying to intimate these DIY's are easier than they appear. Bravado is also rampant on the deals thread and half of it is not real. Some do have good intent and others intentionally mislead
Thanks for the support. Most replies are about my specific example. I'm trying to be like you and bringing up a problem with some of the posts.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #25
aspensilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540I E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
this problem is, some people are too lazy to search deeper and just rely too much on replies. it doesn't get any easier as doing a google search.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=708155

oh yea almost forgot. most topics that says its just pop on and off, is for the replicas. Replicas dont need screws.

Ya I think Dan just didn't research very well and confused the aftermarket vs OEM. And that install is easy to find.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #26
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspensilver View Post
Ya I think Dan just didn't research very well and confused the aftermarket vs OEM. And that install is easy to find.
yea, and also the issue being people asking the same questions OVER and OVER again, you're bound to get flamed and get misinformation. There are tons of info out there, just spend the time to do your research.
Appreciate 0