THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M2 exhaust on M235i

12-31-2023, 01:25 AM   #1
Sammy43
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Hey guys, I have a stock M235i. Just adding some MP parts (cosmetic only) at the moment.

Anyway, I have a full M2 OEM exhaust system available to purchase.

Question: Should I go with installing the full system, understand I need to trim the heat shield and deal with the diffuser/convert from quad. Or should I just cut and install the muffler?

Seems the midpipe is ver similar so maybe no real reason to install the full system, then again it means I can keep the original and always put it back on and uncut.

Any considerations for full system or muffler only?

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 10:02 AM   #2
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

The point of changing your exhaust? What is it you're trying to achieve? Sound? Then just changing the muffler would probably achieve that. If better flow and performance is desired, then changing the entire length provides the most benefit. Tuned or not. But tuned will provide the most from the physical change (diameter) of the exhaust.

Good Luck
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2023, 01:29 PM   #3
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

If you're going for sound there's a million other/better/cheaper/easier options.

If you're going for power, the weight of that exhaust will likely negate any power that comes with it.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2023, 03:09 PM   #4
Sammy43
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Thank you. Yes it’s about sound. Have read here about a res delete which seems to add more volume to burbles and not much to the exhaust note. Don’t want a down pipe and tune at this stage either. Tried to avoid muffler delete and drone.

The exhaust from the OG M2 is a few hundred just for reference. Just not sure if having the mid pipe adds any benefits over the stock M235i one. Love to hear any other suggestions!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0